You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: If there is a reunion, where do people stand?

Smoking Guns wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

I would love to have "Chinese Democracy", but a reunion would trump all of that. In a perfect world for me, we would get CD, a succesful tour, and then a GNR reunion shortly thereafter.

This man had the right idea!

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

You're just spamming now, dude.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

I could handle Slash and Izzy back in the mix, but in the end, reunions of hard rock bands 25 years later are LAME. Plus, Adler and Sorum are complete douche bags so it would be nice to see them never profit from the Gnr name again.

Bro, a little harsh... You still feel this way?

I mean Adler and Sorum both are douche bags. Adler just so happens to be a critical part of the GN'R sound, so I give him a pass on the douchebaggery and I feel sorry for him too...so yes I would like to see him be part of a reunion.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am sorry.. I admit, I got board, and went to the beginning of the forum to read about this very thing... Was a good read!

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

lol 438 weeks ago - although I agree with what I said then - I love the CD songs and was glad they came out - but you can never go past Axl and Slash together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

God I was so loaded on Oxy back then. Sweet Baby Jesus. I've mentioned this before but when I came back last year I saw a lot of posts from years ago I don't even remember typing.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

James, it is okay.. We all thought the door was close to being closed except monkey and i.

Mama's Good Boy
 Rep: 25 

This question was posed in a different era.   Pre-DJ Ashba era.    The prospect of new material AND touring with Robin/Tommy/Richard was appealing and the animosity between the Axl and Slash camps were at an all time high.   

Fast forward 8-10 years and its just a different situation.     Replacements of replacements leave the band.   I think Axl even stopped pretending to care about releasing new material..   

Patching things up with Slash all the sudden was the best choice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

It blows my mind that we were all chatting here 8.4 years ago - what a journey this has been.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Mama's Good Boy wrote:

This question was posed in a different era.   Pre-DJ Ashba era.    The prospect of new material AND touring with Robin/Tommy/Richard was appealing and the animosity between the Axl and Slash camps were at an all time high.   

Fast forward 8-10 years and its just a different situation.     Replacements of replacements leave the band.   I think Axl even stopped pretending to care about releasing new material..   

Patching things up with Slash all the sudden was the best choice.

This X10000000000

That era changed my perspective on everything regarding this band. And if I'm being honest, that started for me when Ron joined.

Board footer