You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

I don't get how people can dislike the final version of Catcher In The Rye.

It's amazing.

The only tracks I didn't care too much about in their final state were I.R.S. and There Was a Time - those two deserved to be redone with new vocals and new guitar parts.

It's kind of ironic when I think about it, the track I disliked the most is now my favorite and my favorite Guns N' Roses track of all time (the version that leaked in early 2006) turned out to be really disappointing.

But overall, this album is simply excellent.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

wow.  this is not meant to be critical, but i'm glad that my ears must not be trained enough to hear all these mistakes.  to me the record sounds really good.  i was actually surprised by how cohesive it sounded smile

its wild because even songs that i wasn't particularly excited about when i heard the demos (if the world, irs, maddy), i am really enjoying the final versions of.  there's not a single song on this record that i don't like.  maybe my excitement will die off after i've listened to it more, but right now i'm more than pleased with the final product.

Sky Dog wrote:
samnuts wrote:

wow.  this is not meant to be critical, but i'm glad that my ears must not be trained enough to hear all these mistakes.  to me the record sounds really good.  i was actually surprised by how cohesive it sounded smile

its wild because even songs that i wasn't particularly excited about when i heard the demos (if the world, irs, maddy), i am really enjoying the final versions of.  there's not a single song on this record that i don't like.  maybe my excitement will die off after i've listened to it more, but right now i'm more than pleased with the final product.

I am with you and Crimeslunkscene, I like the album and overall production alot. I just think it is a bit cluttered at times, but overall I'm digging it. Catcher in the Rye is just fine to me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Where were the "Rockers" that we were promised.... CD is a good one, other than that?  Not really any "Rockers"...  Better is a good mid tempo Rocker!

Sky Dog wrote:

Scraped is balls to the wall rock....what are you Smoking? Riad? IRS? Shacklers?

Sorry is starting to grow on me a lot.

It sounds very, very, very Buckethead-ish.

Giant Robot meets Colma and Electric Tears.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

Scraped is balls to the wall rock....what are you Smoking? Riad? IRS? Shacklers?

Shacklers and IRS are good song, but I wouldn't say they are balls out rockers... More like mid tempo plodding rock songs....  I guess you are right, I just expected more.  The Chorus to Shacklers doesn't seem very rocking, I like the song, but CD rocks the hardest..  Its gritty, its ballsy, full of attitude...  CD is the best "rocker", its straight ahead rock.  IRS has rocking moments, but its not a full out onslaught (sp) rocker from begining to end.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
CrimeSlunkScene wrote:

Sorry is starting to grow on me a lot.

It sounds very, very, very Buckethead-ish.

Giant Robot meets Colma and Electric Tears.

That is the best song on the album IMO.

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:
madagas wrote:
samnuts wrote:

I am with you and Crimeslunkscene, I like the album and overall production alot. I just think it is a bit cluttered at times, but overall I'm digging it. Catcher in the Rye is just fine to me.

yeah i dig catcher too.  oh and i'll probably get hammered for this.........but i REALLY like the this i love solo.   

also...this album has plenty of rockers: CD, Shacklers, Better, Scraped, Riad, IRS... that's almost half the record.  i would argue that There Was a Time is more rock than ballad too.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
madagas wrote:

Oh my God, Scraped is okay, but ermmm, okay, fuck, Axl just can do a rocker like he used to be able too....  Can Scraped really hang with YCBM or Nighttrain?

Board footer