You are not logged in. Please register or login.

-Jack-
 Rep: 39 

Re: When will it leak? *It Leaked*

-Jack- wrote:

I'm surprised no one has asked this question yet.

What do you guys think? 2 weeks before the date? 1 week? The weekend of?

You've got to figure they are doing everything to keep it underwraps.. but I mean, eventually it's going to leak no matter what. Do any of you guys "in the know" know anything about who has the finished album currently? Is it in peoples hands yet? Music reviewers hands? etc. etc.?

the people that have it are very afraid of leaks being traced back to them due to each disc being watermarked. even the radio promo for the single is watermarked. i should have my copy tomorrow. i think a lot of this watermark shit is silly and people are just paranoid, but jobs are at stake.

Axelle01
 Rep: 3 

Axelle01 wrote:

I really hope this time it doesnt leak. I want to buy CD and enjoy it like it normally should.

But...who am i to keep this from happening sad

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:
mister saint laurent wrote:

the people that have it are very afraid of leaks being traced back to them due to each disc being watermarked. even the radio promo for the single is watermarked. i should have my copy tomorrow. i think a lot of this watermark shit is silly and people are just paranoid, but jobs are at stake.

How does watermarking work on an album?

Cansomeone please explain to me how this works?  I am assuming that there is some unique identifying feature on the files somehow that would identify which particular disc it came from?

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

mister saint laurent wrote:

thought you already had yo copy son, WHAT ABOUT OUR TIME IN THE CD. COM CHATROOM!??! WAS THAT ALL JUST A LIE TO YOU? I KNOW I FELT SOMETHING BETWEEN US!??!?

gavgnr
 Rep: 4 

gavgnr wrote:

Is it possible to 'get around' the watermarks without too much of an adverse affect on the music?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

There is no way each copy of this album has a unique water mark on it.  They stamp CDs.  So unless these copies are special pre-release CDs that have each been peronalized, I wouldn't be too worried.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

watermarks mean shit....all it does is present a basic hurdle when it comes to ripping the disc initially....but once you get past it, which you can....should be smooth sailing...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I predict it leaks within a week.

axlgod
 Rep: 16 

axlgod wrote:

do i need my eyes testing or did msl say he was getting his copy of cd tomorrow?

Board footer