You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: (OLD NEWS!)The Limewire Leaks Discussion

Neemo wrote:
Brett wrote:
Neemo wrote:

i dont want Axl to be the next Elton John or Rod Stewart....I want him to be Axl fucking Rose

i want the swagger and the big fuck you ....

The dude's pushing 50, though. Like when you read The Heroin Diaries and Nikki's still talking about his father not being there. When you're basically a grandfather... you have to start letting shit slide.

ozzy of the 90s was about axl age now...and ozzy was bad ass in the 90s...just cuz you get older doesnt mean you need to be sappy

jimmythegent wrote:

Im not surprised in the least that CD is shaping up to be ballad-heavy.

Axl calls the shots and just look at the songs he wrote on the Illusion discs to get a sense of what his modus operandi is in terms of songwriting

but i think that jimmythegent is right....if axl is the main song writer then you're more than likely to get a ballad

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Just listened to Street of Dreams. Not impressed. Amazing how an old bootleg can hit you on an emotional level but a studio version falls flat.

Oh no, they didn't manage to make the song alive? sad  Is it as cheesy as the Antiquiet leaks?

One other question: did May's work remain on CITR?

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Its the 06 leak with a few additions on the music. Some guitar added but doesn't even come close to the 01 or 02 versions.

May does seem to still be on CITR on certain parts, but he's lower in the mix and there's new guitar added.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Does Sebastian's backing vocals appear on Sorry?

James

James wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Does Sebastian's backing vocals appear on Sorry?

I don't think so. I don't hear him, but I've seen a few people say they hear him but he's buried in the mix.

We wont know for sure until a proper leak happens.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Its the 06 leak with a few additions on the music. Some guitar added but doesn't even come close to the 01 or 02 versions.

May does seem to still be on CITR on certain parts, but he's lower in the mix and there's new guitar added.

Thanks. Is Axl's voice the same on Blues/Street of Dreams? That would be disappointing since that wasn't album quality.

James

James wrote:

Yeah, his vocals sound exactly the same to me.

ll_tj1
 Rep: 8 

ll_tj1 wrote:

Can somebody hook me up with Street Of Dreams????

Sky Dog wrote:

i think they are a little different and I love the added electric guitars. The skipping is so annoying that it is hard to focus. Not only that, listening in poor digital quality on a computer doesn't make for a high quality listening experience. These songs will be huge sounding on a real stereo. Just my opinion. Catcher is a ton better than the demo.

James

James wrote:
ll_tj1 wrote:

Can somebody hook me up with Street Of Dreams????

I think Santa might have placed a gift in your message box.

He's hungry, so I hope you have milk and cookies.

Board footer