You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Chinese Democracy Liner Note Discussions *EXTREME SPOILERS*

Neemo wrote:
mcalldp wrote:

In a way they left while still being one of the biggest bands of the world and skipped the whole downtime in the industry when things went into chaos eventually leading us to the Disney stars taking over (Britney etc...) They are coming back at a time when the industry is changing again and that may, in fact, work out well for the long-term legacy of GNR (to have been dormant during that time) We'll see....

Either that or its gonna be referred to as a cheap cash grab by Axl to cash in off the gnr brand name with a whole new band..we'll see

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

I'm a bit stunned at just how much Bucket is all over the record.  It's says a lot that the first two pages of the liner notes feature Axl and Bucket, yes?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I haven't downloaded any of the songs or the booklet, but who else was it going to be?  Nobody else in the band could have carried it other than Axl and BH.  Maybe BBF can going forward, but the majority of this was done long before he got there.  There were no other options.  Finck is a fine supporting guy in a rock band or a very good player in an industrial band, Stinson is a bass player, and Fortus is Fortus.  It was ride BH or bust for the CD era.

bazgnr wrote:

I'm a bit stunned at just how much Bucket is all over the record.  It's says a lot that the first two pages of the liner notes feature Axl and Bucket, yes?

I don't know why it would surprise anyone that Bucket's all over the album,I mean these songs were recorded a few years ago when Bucket was in the band,all they did was just add some extra stuff to the songs.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

To clarify my earlier comment - given how many musicians have come and gone during the recording and writing process, and that all "new" members (Ron, Frank) essentially got to play on CD and somehow make their mark, I was honestly unsure about how much of Bucket's work would be left on the finished record.  Ron re-writing or recording some of the parts seemed possible, for instance.

I suppose my larger point is this - I think many people in the "general public" still expect Slash & co. to be in the band.  It made sense, at least to me, to really promote the lineup that fans will see if they go to a show on the CD tour.  For that reason alone, I was surprised at how prominently BH is featured in the booklet.  Bad enough that "generic music fan" still thinks Slash is in the band, but then picks up CD, goes to see them expecting BH to be in the band, and then finds out otherwise. 

Personally, I am a huge fan of BH and his work, and am glad to see he's all over the record...hell, I"m still hoping he signs back up now that the record is coming out.  I'm just surprised is all.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's probably the finest master stroke of the entire booklet.

To see Buckethead all over the album, just brings tears almost to my eyes.

All those years people treated him like he was yard trash, a talented Slash wannebe, not worthy of any recognition because of his outfit.

I mean MyGNR actually BANNED members for even mentioning his name in the Discussion section. That kind of outcast, get lost, bug off, no respect behavior.

I thought it was a beautiful sight in the booklet to see Axl & Bucket side by side.

It's the ultimate fuck you to those BH haters out there. You don't know shit about this band. Buckethead IS Guns N' Roses. Always has been. 22

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah, Buckethead being on 90% of the album is a huge vindication for him. Its a slap in the face to all his haters, and an extreme bitch slap to sites that have tried to censor him and downplay his accomplishments.

Will also be cool for fans to finally have to acknowledge Paul Huge/Tobias instead of drinking the Fortus kool aid for no reason whatsoever. Seven years later, the 2001 lineup finally gets its due. The Fortus worship needs to drop to zero until we have a reason to worship him.

This album will also increase Dizzy's stature among the fanbase. He played a very little role in the past discography.

In my opinion, if there's gonna be a tour, Axl needs to reassemble as much of the 2001 lineup as he can.

bucketfan
 Rep: 30 

bucketfan wrote:

Agreed guys.  I was pretty suprised that Axl would put Bucket on the first pages of the liner notes.  The way the booklet reads it's as though Bucket is still 100% part of GNR.  What do you think the chances of him returning for a world tour are?

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Yeah, Buckethead being on 90% of the album is a huge vindication for him. Its a slap in the face to all his haters, and an extreme bitch slap to sites that have tried to censor him and downplay his accomplishments.

Will also be cool for fans to finally have to acknowledge Paul Huge/Tobias instead of drinking the Fortus kool aid for no reason whatsoever. Seven years later, the 2001 lineup finally gets its due. The Fortus worship needs to drop to zero until we have a reason to worship him.

This album will also increase Dizzy's stature among the fanbase. He played a very little role in the past discography.

In my opinion, if there's gonna be a tour, Axl needs to reassemble as much of the 2001 lineup as he can.

I couldn't agree more.

When i saw the first page of that booklet, with Axl on the first page and BH on the second, i realized BH is going to get his dues.  Then i checked out the song credits and it is amazing how much he is still on the record.  I hoped they wouldn't just have Ron redo all of his parts, and that hope has been realized. 

This is a big bitchslap to anyone who thought BH's impact was minimal.

I wouldn't be surprised if BH is in GNR right now.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I want Buckethead back. No one can play lead guitar like he can in GNR. No one. I would trade in anyone for him..Finck..Fortus..Bumble..Slash..who gives a shit. Buckehead rules.

Board footer