You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: GN'R/CD Promotion Materials

war wrote:

you guys have to remember thse are commercials, not products for purchase. if you critiqued all commercials as you have the gnr ones you would end up with the same result. commercials are meant to gain your attention by surprising you, reminding you, or even annoying you. yes, annoying you. the most effective commercials, on the other hand, rarely are the most entertaining.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

This is on myspace now as well.  Uploaded by GNR.

Captain Winkler
 Rep: -17 

the commercials should have been directed by peter jackson and should have ran for no less than 15 minutes.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree Capt.

A 20 minute epic commercial filmed by Jackson in New Zealand, with a medley of There Was A Time, Sorry, Catcher In The Rye & This I Love playing over it. Featuring Axl in epic sword battles, Ron on an endless quest, Tommy being fed grapes by several hot angels, Robin & Frank kicking back a couple stouts before getting in a bar fight, Dizzy using rune magik to unearth the ghost of Chris Pitman to "show them all the way"

The commercial would also feature griffons and unicorns non-stop with dolphin sound effects.

Chinese Democracy - Best Buy - November 23rd!

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I agree Capt.

A 20 minute epic commercial filmed by Jackson in New Zealand, with a medley of There Was A Time, Sorry, Catcher In The Rye & This I Love playing over it. Featuring Axl in epic sword battles, Ron on an endless quest, Tommy being fed grapes by several hot angels, Robin & Frank kicking back a couple stouts before getting in a bar fight, Dizzy using rune magik to unearth the ghost of Chris Pitman to "show them all the way"

The commercial would also feature griffons and unicorns non-stop with dolphin sound effects.

Chinese Democracy - Best Buy - November 23rd!

I love it... except...

Axl is fighting this huge beast, and is losing badly.  All of a sudden, a closeup comes of Axl looking like he's staring into space.  Cut to what Axl is seeing.  Buckethead comes to Axl from the chicken coop, and plays him the ending solo to TWAT.  Cut back to Axl fighting.  He looks down at his sword, then lets out this wailing falseto scream of There Was a Time and decapitates the beast with overwhelming force.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Cut, print it, that's a take!

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
war wrote:

you guys have to remember thse are commercials, not products for purchase. if you critiqued all commercials as you have the gnr ones you would end up with the same result. commercials are meant to gain your attention by surprising you, reminding you, or even annoying you. yes, annoying you. the most effective commercials, on the other hand, rarely are the most entertaining.

That's not the problem. The problem is that it just looks unprofessional that's all.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What the hell is wrong with that promo? It's basically what we saw a couple weeks ago that everyone was happy about. It's a TV sport for CD. What bands even do this kind of promo?

U2 for one. Alot of bands do it. Bigbri.  Soul Asylum did it back in the 90's so it's far from original but that's o.k.  I think the commercials are cool.  These tv ads are teasers.  They're quick, they're flashey,  they grab your attention.  For most people who aren't hardcore fans will say "Did that just say new Guns N' Roses?" the commercials are serving their purpose. What did people really expect?

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
Axl S wrote:

That's not the problem. The problem is that it just looks unprofessional that's all.

I think you're wrong. they look professional enough. What are they supposed to look like? the Estranged video?  An action flick? A beer commercial. They look the way they likely should look.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What the hell is wrong with that promo? It's basically what we saw a couple weeks ago that everyone was happy about. It's a TV sport for CD. What bands even do this kind of promo?

U2 for one. Alot of bands do it. Bigbri.  Soul Asylum did it back in the 90's so it's far from original but that's o.k.  I think the commercials are cool.  These tv ads are teasers.  They're quick, they're flashey,  they grab your attention.  For most people who aren't hardcore fans will say "Did that just say new Guns N' Roses?" the commercials are serving their purpose. What did people really expect?

Yeah, I know. It just seemed weird that the promos that most everyone thought were great suddenly didn't for some reason.

Board footer