You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GN'R/CD Promotion Materials

I went into HMV today and TWAT was playing on the shops PA system.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

So is there a box set version being released as well?

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
downliner wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Is that top one the alternative cover?

Yeh I think so, has a parental guidance sticker on it so gotta be. Whether it includes a second disc (as rumored) I guess we'll have to wait and see tongue

Rumored where?

Just on the boards, theirs no supporting evidence that there is a second disc. Just board members and their invaluable "sources" 16

NY Giants wrote:

Thats what I posted pics of here. The boxset includes a belt buckle, keychain, alternate album cover and tshirt.

Source

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Are those links to pics what this thing advertised at HMV Canada for $120 is - ultimate merchandise box?

http://www.hmv.ca/hmvcaweb/en_CA/simple … Search.y=7

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:
downliner wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
downliner wrote:

Yeh I think so, has a parental guidance sticker on it so gotta be. Whether it includes a second disc (as rumored) I guess we'll have to wait and see tongue

Rumored where?

Just on the boards, theirs no supporting evidence that there is a second disc. Just board members and their invaluable "sources" 16

NY Giants wrote:

Thats what I posted pics of here. The boxset includes a belt buckle, keychain, alternate album cover and tshirt.

Source

Thanks. I wonder if it will be sold in the U.S.?

A Private Eye

They played this ad during the half time of the England v Germany football match tonight. Pretty awesome ad imo, I love the humour in it too 'brief intermission' 16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wASHcOKVLg

This ad will have been seen by millions of people too, the England Germany came is likely to be the most watched thing on tv this week so all in all great promo.

Roxxie
 Rep: 11 

Roxxie wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

They played this ad during the half time of the England v Germany football match tonight. Pretty awesome ad imo, I love the humour in it too 'brief intermission' 16

Was that on iTV?  I watched the whole game but went out of the room for about 2 minutes in the ads! 17

A Private Eye

Roxxie wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Was that on iTV?  I watched the whole game but went out of the room for about 2 minutes in the ads! 17

Yep, it played during the first ad break after the half time whistle.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I went into HMV today and TWAT was playing on the shops PA system.

So would that be the UK premier of TWAT?

I'm going out tomorrow to try and get the disc from a small town record shop.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

ok, so I just went into JB Hifi here in Oz (they are a BIG music store).  Well I looked around for the big store display for CD everywhere but - Nothing. Posters? well there's Black Ice posters, still some Death Magnetic posters and lots of other shit but no GN'R.  So I go over to the section under "G" and there are 6 copies of CD sitting there - just standing up so all you can see is their spine.  Great promo cocksuckers!!!

Now if you weren't a GN'R nut like myself you would have had no fucken idea that they just had a new CD out.  Seriously the people doing the marketing for CD are a bunch of gaylord fockers and should be fucken shot!!!!!!

So I then asked if they have any vinyl copies, she said no but if you want one we can order it in.  She said we don't just hold copies in stock but wait until people ask for them and order them in - "it will probably take a couple of weeks" - I politely declined (although I really wanted to tell her to fuck off I will get it somewhere else - hopefully).  Incidentally how does Joe Smalloo know that it has been released on vinyl to ask them for a copy to order in when there is no bloody promo.

Now that rants outta my system I am sitting down with a few frothies to listen to and enjoy this puppy.  It's kinda a bizzare feeling to finally have this damn thing after so long.

A review will follow....

Board footer