You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Knives out for Palin: McCain aides tell tales of Diva

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm sticking up for James here. I wouldn't find it HARD to believe those things, but without actual proof, it just smacks of McCain making her the sacrificial lamb, and blaming her for all their problems.

McCain was the problem. Was from day one. His political ads were AWFUL. AWFUL. I was saying this months ago. He wasn't talking issues. When he did, he talked about old bills, he failed to get passed, which was met, naturally, with deaf ears. McCain also should've known full well with a liberal media, that Palin would get DP'ed by the media. Her ass was their's. We all knew it. McCain should've NEVER let her off by herself, no matter what she wanted. She should've been left a mystery to most of America, 'til the debate, let her shine there, pull back her interviews, and campaign hard with McCain-ONLY, and try to get elected.

Instead they ran her out there, because McCain felt he needed a gimmick to get elected. Democrats had the black guy. He wanted a woman, so did the GOP.

I'm not saying Palin might've been a bit egotistical and spend-happy, but she DID NOT cost McCain the campaign. McCain cost McCain the campaign. Vice President's have NEVER decided contests, win or lose.

What shocks me, is I thought Palin was the new white hope for the GOP? If she wants to run in 2012, she's gonna have to go right after McCain's camp, and place ALL blame on them. But the silence from both camps shows me that the wheels were indeed coming off for various reasons, and they knew it was over. Palin going 'rogue' in the final weeks, showed NOBODY was talking to her imo.

Like I said last week or so... John McCain surpassed Al Gore in running quite possibly the worst campaign from top to bottom in recent memory. Shows the 72 year old, or at least those around him, have no clue how to get elected in 2008.

My friends I agree, not to disagree with to agree with you...

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

James, your reason for Obama winning the presidency is over simplified. The number one reason is because of George W. Bush's disastrous administration.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I believe every word. I mean, c'mon, we saw her in action without a script. She's a good-looking airhead. She'll be lucky to keep her seat in Alaska.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I think she isn't bright at all. I think McCain had a very difficult challenge ahead of him (as Tejas alluded to, following Bush) & McCain/Palin ran a relatively close campaign all things considered. I think she probably was very annoying behind the scenes and the McCain advisors had alot of built up frustration they've been waiting to get out to the press on her, although I do think they should have probably kept it to themselves, since they chose her. They weren't forced or obligated to work with her. I think she did help boost McCains #'s, and I think, with just about any of his VP choices he had, he probably would have finished about the same pace behind (unless he was truly psychic & chose an real economic guru way back in August). I don't think you'll see her in 2012. It's not that she just wasn't knowledgable of certain national issues, it's that she was incapable of learning them.  It was pretty apparent.

All just my opinion of course.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

This is obviously just overstating some minor things to scapegoat her.  I'm sure there are aspects of truth to everything.  She probably mis-spoke and said Africa was a country instead of continent, everyone's done something like that before, probably including the people criticising her. 

I'm not a fan of hers at all for a lot of reasons, but fact of the matter is, in the Katie Couric interviews she committed one of the biggest cardinal American sins...  She was bad on TV.

How many people still think Admiral Stockdale was a cretin because of that from 16 years ago.  Fact of the matter is, he probably would have been the most qualified vice presidential candidate in my lifetime.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Palin is now starting to do interviews. Her defense is that those saying these things are just a bunch of lying jerks.

Very political of her.

This woman needs to go home, and be a mother. Which is fine. She's way out of her league in this game.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

ANCHORAGE, Alaska – Gov. Sarah Palin denounced anonymous criticisms leveled at her by former John McCain aides as lies, including allegations that Republican lawyers were traveling to Alaska to reclaim her high-priced wardrobe and that she didn't know Africa was a continent.

"Those accounts are not true," the former Republican vice presidential candidate said in her first public comments on the matter since the election Tuesday.

Palin returned Friday to her Anchorage governor's office and said she had no immediate plans to build on her newfound national name-recognition and popularity with the Republican base for a possible 2012 presidential run.

Instead, Palin said, she wanted only to get back to the governor's desk to advance a proposed pipeline tapping Alaska's vast North Slope natural gas reserves and to prepare Alaska's proposed 2010 budget.

As for the vice presidential campaign, Palin denounced criticism from unidentified McCain campaign aides as "cowardly." She said she found it frustrating trying to respond to false allegations when she didn't know who was making them.

"It's ridiculous," she told reporters. "You guys report based on anonymous sources, so it's hard to have a defense."

One report said she and her family went on a shopping spree, spending more than the $150,000 in clothing that the Republican National Committee had earlier reported.

"The RNC purchased clothes," Palin said.

"Those are the RNC's clothes. They're not my clothes. I never forced anybody to buy anything. I never asked for anything more than maybe a Diet Dr Pepper once in a while."

The RNC will inventory clothing it purchased for her to account for dollars spent, she said. She scoffed at reports that the RNC was sending lawyers to take back clothes from her home.

"It's not happening. Nobody's told me that they're coming to my house to look through closets, to look through anything. The belly of the plane that had clothes in it, and those clothes being packed up and sent back by staffers, perhaps that's what they're talking about, but these aren't attorneys."

She said she wasn't angry at the continued coverage of her clothing, but mostly disappointed.

"This is Barack Obama's time right now, and this is an historic moment in our nation and this can be a shining moment for America and our history, and look what we're talking about. Again, we're talking about my shoes and belts and skirts. It's ridiculous."

She also denied a report that she didn't know Africa was a continent, not a country, and that she didn't know the members of the North American Free Trade Agreement — the United States, Canada and Mexico. She remembered discussing both Africa and Obama's stance on NAFTA with people preparing her for her debate, she said. Anything reported as a gaffe was taken out of context, she said.

"That's cruel. It's mean-spirited. It's immature. It's unprofessional and those guys are jerks if they came away with it, taking things out of context, and then tried to spread something on national news. It's not fair and it's not right."

Asked if she felt muzzled by her limited time with reporters during the campaign, Palin said the media is a cornerstone of democracy and an important part of the checks and balances on government.

"Heaven forbid that a candidate or an elected official shy way from speaking to the media," she said. "So it was a little bit of a frustration that I didn't get to call more of those shots, and I guess that was sort of the 'rogue' criticism was, 'She wants to talk to more of the media' than perhaps some in the campaign wanted me to."

Palin backed off from calling for the resignation of fellow Alaskan Ted Stevens, the longest-serving Republican in Senate history. Stevens leads Democrat Mark Begich by about 3,500 votes with more than 50,000 to be counted.

A Washington jury convicted Stevens on Oct. 27 of seven felony counts of failing to report more than $250,000 in gifts, mostly renovations on his home. Stevens is appealing the verdict.

"The Alaska voters have spoken and me not being a dictator won't be telling anyone what to do," she said.

Fellow senators have indicated they could boot Stevens.

"That's their baby," Palin said. "They'll have to figure out what to do there."

Palin said she was not interested in running for the job if it comes open.

"Not planning on that. Nope," she said.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I don't see anything wrong with what she said. She's being forced to defend herself against gossip.

Having said that, I do think she needs to take a vacation from the national stage for awhile. Maybe go on Larry King or some other news show and clear the air. After that, stay home for awhile and deny media requests for interviews.

She also needs to learn how to speak more eloquently. All these 'darn', 'their baby', 'gotcha', and other assorted terms she uses just don't cut the mustard.

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Good job Gov. Palin. McCain's staffers have showed themselves as real assholes. Its now a cover your ass game.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

NY said it best.

It's now ass coverin' time.

They're both lying, and the truth is somewhere in the middle like always. Palin was brought on as a gimmick, just a pretty face, but she wanted to contribute ideas the McCain camp didn't want.... bottom line, then why be the VP?

It still comes back to John fucking McCain. If she was such a damn airhead, WHY DID YOU PICK HER? Shows you're an idiot Mac.

Board footer