You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Knives out for Palin: McCain aides tell tales of Diva

Furbush wrote:

i think the republican party knew mccain couldn't win to begin with and brought in palin in a last ditch effort to do 2 things..
1. a last gasp grab at the hillary voters
2. to blame everything on when they lost...

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

This is nothing but McCain's aides covering their own asses. Remember they still want to get jobs, and if they can pass the buck to someone else, that helps them.

She didnt know Africa was a continent? Give me a break. She is NOT stupid.

Palin was the ONLY reason the Republican base ever got excited. Without her, McCain would have gotten beat even worse.

Reagon was a great president? I can't think of anything that fantastic that he ever did...he was average...

just because you throw shit at the wall and some of it sticks doesn't mean you're a fantastic president

all politicians are liars,none of them are ever honest about anything and they're all the same,all of them are full of shit.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
NY Giants82 wrote:

This is nothing but McCain's aides covering their own asses. Remember they still want to get jobs, and if they can pass the buck to someone else, that helps them.

She didnt know Africa was a continent? Give me a break. She is NOT stupid.

Palin was the ONLY reason the Republican base ever got excited. Without her, McCain would have gotten beat even worse.

Reagon was a great president? I can't think of anything that fantastic that he ever did...he was average...

just because you throw shit at the wall and some of it sticks doesn't mean you're a fantastic president

Reagan is remembered more for what he brought to the political table... not so much actual actions.

He created the modern conservative. Now that might not mean anything to me or you, but to cats like Sean Hannity and Sarah Palin... they get up every morning and say the Pledge of Alligence to a portrait of him.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You've got to be joking. Look at the Carter fiasco, and then look at the post Reagan era. The Reagan era was the last moment in time this country wasn't financing itself on credit cards.

The Middle East was holding us hostage with its oil. He walks in, tells them how its gonna be, and gas drops then never rises above one dollar a gallon during his tenure.

The Soviets had been making advances in just about all aspects until Reagan. They started running in place, lost ground, Reagan outspent them like 10 to 1, and they had to start asking US for aid.

The dollar peaked in value on his watch.

He lowered the chance of a nuclear war by building such a massive deterrent.

Besides a few minor conflicts, the 80s was the most peaceful decade for this country in that entire century.

The 2nd biggest economic boom in world history happened on Reagan's watch.

Just about every aspect of 80's pop culture can be traced back to Reagan in some capacity.

What more do you want? Are you pissed he didn't sell our souls to China and destroy the dollar like Clinton and Bush?

NY Giants82
 Rep: 26 

NY Giants82 wrote:

Thank you James.

Hell, even Barack Obama said he was a fan of Reagan.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

You'll have to explain to me what you mean by not running on a credit card...that's really interesting...considering the country was never so in debt as it was before Reagon...

He CREATED the government credit card...

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

You'll have to explain to me what you mean by not running on a credit card...that's really interesting...considering the country was never so in debt as it was before Reagon...

He CREATED the government credit card...

9ksbrt.jpgIgnore the Clinton/Bush disaster. Look at the Reagan years on the graph. That's called a manufacturing base. We had a huge economic engine fueled by the American people. Joe and Jill public didn't have to live on credit cards and worthless goods because they were able to support themselves on the money they earned. That money they earned went back into our economy.

Now Joe and Jill work as Wal Mart clerks, buy their goods at Wal Mart(which are foreign produced) using an assortment of credit cards they'll never pay off, and eat at McDonalds. The companies that would have gave Joe and Jill great jobs to afford them a lower middle class lifestyle were moved to China, India,etc. by Clinton and Bush's policies.

Amazing that someone who has lived through these past three decades doesn't notice the difference.

The "Reagan deficits" were simply to bankrupt the Soviet Union with massive amounts of military spending. Funny that those deficits you loathe created such an economic boom and was the peak of the US as a viable superpower.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

What happened to all the posts that occurred yesterday in this thread?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

They realized they were awful, and electronically stepped over with dignity.

Board footer