You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: Freese leaves NIN - Robin stays(?)

sic. wrote:

Now's the time to jump ship as NIN will close their North American leg of Lights in the Sky on 12/13/08 in Vegas.

South America, thank you very much! We had a great time performing for you and hanging out in your neck of the woods. I promise we'll be back before long and again I apologize for the cancellations (those were OUR fault and not the promoter's).

On another note, Josh Freese fans be sure to check out a show on the upcoming North American leg of the tour, as sadly they will be the last ones he's playing with us. He informed me he's leaving the tour at the end of this year. Yes, we are still dear friends. No, I'm not sure what we are going to do.See you in Mexico!TR - Trent, NIN forum

Sadly, it seems Finckster has different plans.

"Despite numerous reports and submissions via the Hotline "Submit a Lead" link (to my right), via both ETS and NIN.com forums, and via several Guns N' Roses sites, Robin Finck is not leaving Nine Inch Nails at the end of the tour to rejoin G n' R. This should clear up any rumours that the Finckster will indeed be "pulling a Freese" any time soon." - NIN Hotline

Well Ax, who you gonna call?

21 or bucket ?

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

He should call Bucket, but he'll make more dollars if he calls Slash...

Sadly, in reality, it'll be someone completely different...someone we may not have even heard of...

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

John5, maybe? I'm pretty sure they sounded him out back when Ron joined.

sic.

sic. wrote:

Interestingly, around the same time the NIN Hotline published the story, Robin was removed from the band member section in GNR MySpace.

Four core members: Frontman, bassist and two keyboard players.

Three replacements: Two guitarists and a drummer.

Short: One lead guitarist.

If Tommy goes, this thing blows.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

They're hanging on their integrity with a fingernail

Anyone can see, by the booklet that is, that this album should have been out in 2002. It's 6 years too late.

Sky Dog wrote:

3 of 7 current bandmembers have no writing credits-Fortus, Thal, Ferrer. But, on the bright side, 4 do! I told you it was going to be exciting to see who shows up for the tour. Irving won't get another random guy. There is too much at stake. Slash or Bucket I say.....

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I'm sad to see Robin go.  I have never been a NiN fan, but I really enjoyed what he brought to GN'R.  Anyone who saw the perform live can understand how much of an important role he brought to GN'R - this is the guy who replaced Slash for christ sakes. 

That being said, Ron is perfectly capable of filling robins shoes.  I mean, bringing bucket back would be nice, but as all recent articles have hinted, that ain't gonna happen cause bucket's not interested. 

It's not hard to bring in another lead guitarist to tour, playing other people's parts isn't exactly a hard thing for a compitent guitarist to do.  Axl said that Fortus was capable of playing lead, so if Tobias would be willing to tour this album, Fortus could step up into Robin's part.

But the point remains, the band that created CD does not exist anymore.  Granted, Ron added some really cool parts to songs, but he was never an original creator.  This album should have been released in 2002 as has been said already.  I'm not one to buy into the re-union crap, but if there was ever a time it was possible it's now.  I mean, we saw how long it took Axl to create a new band and then release an album.  If he has to do the same thing again, it'll be 2023 when the next GN'R album comes out.  If Tommy leaves GN'R, Axl will be left with two choices; call up Slash and Duff or retire.

sic.

sic. wrote:

It was difficult when Paul Huge, the key writer aside Ax, left in 2002; that was likely because Ax felt they had enough material down and didn't really need Paul to hang around any longer if he wanted to dedicate his time to other things.

It became labourious when Bucket left in 2004. He elevated everything done so far to new height and was the most memorable band member aside Ax himself; the only one who could share the limelight with him (admittedly, under the bucket and mask, but still).

The writing was on the wall when Brain left in 2006. Tinkering with the rhythm section to such a degree isn't such a big deal when considering the AFD material, but Brain & Bucket were in the studio for nearly four years straight. Taking two such prominent members out caused a pretty serious rift between the would-be album tracks and their live representation.

2008 and Robin. The curse of Paul Huge is still going strong. Every two years, we lose one person from the original 2001 lineup.

In 2010, Stinson'll leave and it's time to do a reunion and get Pitman to handle some additional orchestration.

By then, Axl doesn't have a band anymore. Just left-overs from what was the most wickedly talented pool of people that'd ever played with him since the AFD sessions.

Scabbie
 Rep: 33 

Scabbie wrote:

Something to remember...Bucket has rejoined before. Maybe a bigger coop or his own personal chicken tour bus might be enough to persuade him to come back...

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:
sic. wrote:

If Tommy goes, this thing blows.

i think it has blown ages ago already...only event which kind of helped Axl save face was Ron's appointment in 06...he didn't blow the world apart visually like bucket did, but his playing was excellent...

this thing was an over-bloated attempt at what GNR used to be ever since Slash packed his bags...

if CD tour indeed does happen, i think we're in line for some new faces on the stage...even more proof that its the Axl Rose solo show...

sad to see, but if that's what it takes to hear him live, then i'm all for it...

Board footer