You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

Re: Freese leaves NIN - Robin stays(?)

elmir wrote:
Scabbie wrote:

Something to remember...Bucket has rejoined before. Maybe a bigger coop or his own personal chicken tour bus might be enough to persuade him to come back...

so has Robin...
perhaps a Cirque du Soleil style tent full of dancing chickens will bring them both back this time....then it can be a real traveling circus...

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:
elmir wrote:

i think it has blown ages ago already...only event which kind of helped Axl save face was Ron's appointment in 06...

I could've lived with the early '06 lineup, but I guess I'm easy to please.

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

me too...i saw them live in 06, and was very impressed with the quality of the show...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

DCK is right. This album was meant to be released in 2002. And Axl fucked it up sad

You know, I think Ron is a fantastic person and a great guitarist, but he does nothing for GNR. Actually, if his sound is where the band is headed I'm not really interested. This is really sad. Robin was great and was an awesome complement to Bucket. He was also the backbone to a lot of the songs and is what made them successful, even the ones that are owned by Buckethead. They just meshed.

I'm just not real interested in a Richard/Bumble lead album in the future. It's pretty clear Axl is going to put Ron on most of the future songs and that just kills it for me. We'll never know what could have been.

I really hope he brings in a new guitarist. One like John 5 or Dave Navarro. Someone who can add something NEW and a fresh, cool vibe.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love to see bucket rejoin and we could have my masturbation line up of Bucket and Bumble (bumble playing his recorded solos and robins parts and bucket doing the bucket bits.). But realisticly...robin leaving makes it unlikely to bring back bucket.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

For what it's worth, BBF was on a morning radio show here. I didn't hear much of it, mainly because the DJ is a total douche (Danny Bonaducce), and they talked more about goofing up the name BBF (Bublewhack, Bushwhack, hahahaha, hey Bonnaducce, how about dickface you ass) than GnR. Needless to say it was more annoying than informative, but it leads me to believe there's no doubt BBF still in the band. Probably at least.

Board footer