You are not logged in. Please register or login.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

Re: With the release of CD lets just see all the bridges Axl has burned.

sic. wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Maybe Sic can help, but the few concerts they did in 02 were they sell outs?

Last five shows sold good.

That's when they hit the population centers.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Dave was disappointed with the album 16

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
sic. wrote:
gnfnraxl wrote:

Maybe Sic can help, but the few concerts they did in 02 were they sell outs?

Last five shows sold good.

That's when they hit the population centers.

2006 had some sell outs.... ironically at the same places.

Big cities like LA & NYC, sell out fairly easy for GN'R. Although I will agree there was a major difference with 2002 vs. 2006. If I remember correctly, MSG in 2002 sold out in like 15 minutes when the tix went on sale.... MSG in 2006 told to a couple days ahead of time to sell out. Then again, most likely the same going in 2006, were the same ones from 2002, and ironicallly - the basically got the exact same show, except for maybe Better & I.R.S. thrown in.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
polluxlm wrote:

Am I the only one glad May was removed? 16

I love it now. The demo was always lacking musically, now we have two fantastic guitar solos accompanying Axl's heartfelt vocals.

It may be my favorite song on the album now.

I wouldn't say i'm Glad to see him removed. But I think the song sounds more complete than the demo did.

gnfnraxl
 Rep: 43 

gnfnraxl wrote:

Von Solo and Russ.  You both failed to see my point.  I didn't say that Axl's tendencies to cancel shows began in 02.  It began 20 years ago.  And people are tired of that shit.  And the proof is the 06 tour.  The late starts I think he could get away with.  But the riots and cancelled shows don't fly no more.  And in 02 he had the chance to take the world by storm again and he failed miserably.  And folks do not fool yourselves.  Axl would very much want to be on top of the world like he was in 1991 ans 1992.  Want proof?  He hired Irving Azoff.  To close off.  Another difference is the revolving lineup.  20 years ago he got away with his antics cause he had another icon in his band.  Now.  Not so much.  I am a fan of GNR and want Axl to succeed.  But the way he has been acting, I doubt he will.

Board footer