You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Re: BestBuy.com is now shipping CD

Acquiesce wrote:

Man the LP looks sweet. I don't play vinyl anymore, but I am thinking of getting a copy anyway.

bazgnr wrote:

That kills me.  I ordered a delivered copy (I still have my other two copies for in-store pick up) last night, and it's already shipped.   My tracking links via USPS calls up the UPS website (wtf?!?!), and I called Best Buy.  The woman I spoke with didn't know why UPS came up, said it shipped by USPS, and that it should arrive between the 24th and Dec. 1st.  Still, I remain hopeful....

Ok I just  figured it out. The same thing happened to me. They are using UPS mail innovations. The UPS takes it to the USPS and the USPS is supposed to deliver it to us.

bazgnr
 Rep: 4 

bazgnr wrote:

Cool.  Thanks for clarifying.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Von Solo wrote:

Ew. It's a fucking jewel case.

Didn't stop you from buying AFD, Lies, UYI1, UYI2, TSI, Live Era, etc.

I just don't understand all the Jewel Case hate. Jewel Cases are replaceable. But a scratched up, artwork ruined, crushed, piece-of-crap Digipak is the worst.

I just don't get the whole Digipak lovers. "It's closer to an LP" - well if you want an LP - buy it. Let us old school CD lovers get them the way God intended - with a fucking Jewel Case.

*end rant* 19

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

On a side note, a well respected member over at the velvet rope claims only 700,000 units have been shipped in the US. Thus, it probably cannot sell any more than that-obviously-first week. I'm gonna say it sells 600,000 first week.

bit high? i'd say closer to 300,000-400,000, interesting that best buy only is getting a quarter of their rumored purchase...i wonder why neutral

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

YES! My status has updated. It's in NJ so I'm hoping it comes on Friday.

Thank you Axlin08. I hate those digipak pieces of shit.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:
madagas wrote:

On a side note, a well respected member over at the velvet rope claims only 700,000 units have been shipped in the US. Thus, it probably cannot sell any more than that-obviously-first week. I'm gonna say it sells 600,000 first week.

bit high? i'd say closer to 300,000-400,000, interesting that best buy only is getting a quarter of their rumored purchase...i wonder why neutral

The 3 million number probably included the inevitable re-release in early/mid 2009. No way was Best Buy crazy enough to think this was gonna sell 3 mil out of the gates.

I'm sticking to my 100-200 thousand prediction.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say 675. AC/DC did like 750,000, and it wasn't the week of Black Friday. Just a guess.

If it sells only 1 copy and I am the one to get it, I'll be more than happy.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

the only reason i went higher than my previous guesstimates is based on recent numbers moved by Metallica and AC/DC

there is only 60 or so best buy stores in canada, so i wonder how many they will get total?

(EDIT: there is also 120 or so future shops which is a best buy affiliate)

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I'd guesstimate 375k.

Board footer