You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: GNR Evo members' Chinese Democracy reviews thread

war wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bono is just a crazy mother fucker on that account.

How anybody can put TWAT in a 'filler' category amazes me.

If that's the case, i'll put U2's "Desire" & "In The Name Of Love" as filler.

lol

touche

yeah, scraped is the only song i would consider filler.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

And see that's the thing. Alot of old Gunners really dig Scraped. The Dead Horse fan type.

Everything on CD has a fan SOMEWHERE. It's very intriguing.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

If this album has filler then its a very sad state of affairs.

You cant spend that amount of time making an album and have to chuck in a couple of songs as filler.

I kinda hope though that they regard some songs as A list and some B-list. If your planning on bringing out a couple of albums it makes sense to spread the A list songs over the course of the albums.

But that down to the creators opinion, the listeners will all form a different opinion. I consider Riad and IRS A-list but many rank them lowest out all the songs.

war

war wrote:

it's not a problem olorin - it was inentional. to me, appetite has two songs that are filler: you're crazy and anything goes. yet appetite is regarded as a perfect album. every album has filler. i like scraped but i called it filler becasue it will not be on the radio and not because it not catchy but because it brings nothing exceptional to the table but people can still love it just the same and some people will. they could have left scraped off of the album but they didn't. there is something for everyone on this album and it is intentionally designed that way. that doesn't mean that it isn't filler and it doesn't mean that it is a bad song or album. music preference is subjective and if more people liked scraped there would have been more songs like it on the album but more people tend to like twat and sorry so we get more of these and thank god 16

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Scraped is loved by many, including me. Of course it's not filler. I don't like Bad Obsession, doesn't mean it's filler. I think you need a pretty big consensus for anything to be labeled that. Then again I like My World, so I guess the argument is fundamentally moot.

war

war wrote:

scraped is not loved by many compared to the other songs
go to any thread based on putting these songs in order of priority and it will be on the bottom of every list. it's the least popular song on the album.

everyone has their favorites. i like scraped too but i accept that it is not axl's pride and joy. look at all the songs we heard about over the years, subtract shacklers and scraped and that's about all of them

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

so then you do not consider the following tracks filler

you aint the first
live and let die
back off bitch
the garden
dead horse
knockin on heavens door
shotgun blues

now disagree with some of these songs all that you want...but i dont give a fuck if the song is a cover its godamn filler.

Try and put some commen sense to use will ya. Had I felt those were fillers I'd have listed them as fillers. Figure it out.  Dead Horse a filler? 16

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

The only song on Bono's list i've heard shit about on a pretty regular level, is Garden of Eden.

DN'B & 14 Years is revered, So Fine is liked (not loved) for it's punk-ness, and Pretty Tied Up is pretty-well liked and a pretty substantial track for UYI2.

People have a habit of confusing their feelings with 'filler'. Filler is an actual term. One of the great things about Chinese Democracy, is so many different people like a different combo of songs, that really the album will end up having NO filler. Which is pretty amazing.

Whatever. you guys are a bunch of babies who can't handle an opinion that goes against your own personal opinion. Drumming up shit like PTU is a pretty substantial track for UYI2 is such a  reach. Dn'B and 14 Years revered? Seriously who by other than any of us nerds on these sites?

And at the same time Axlin08 going by your theory that so many people like such a  different combo of songs on the album than the album will be littered with fillers. Fillers are a personal choice. fucking deal with it.

Bono

Bono wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Bono is just a crazy mother fucker on that account.

How anybody can put TWAT in a 'filler' category amazes me.

If that's the case, i'll put U2's "Desire" & "In The Name Of Love" as filler.

Go right ahead. That's your opinion. It's not a fucking competition and it's pretty pathetic that anyone would sit there and be so offended by my choice of CD fillers that they feel the need to rebut by going after songs they may or may not feel are U2 fillers. I mean do you really think Desire or Pride are filler or is it  simply a counter punch because I think TWAT is filler? My feelings on CD songs should have ZERO impact on what you think of any or all U2 songs. Or any band's songs for that matter.  If you think those are filler great but don't fucking bring it up just because I think TWAT is filler.  Unless of course you guys want me to start spamming all threads with why I think U2 is better than Gn'R.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

The thing about GNR is that, in my opinion, there are no fillers in ANY of the releases.

Let me explain: A "filler" to me is substantially weaker material, put with the best stuff for public release, simply to fill up the space left on an album, to allow for the expident release of the good stuff.

Now GNR has some stronger and some weaker songs. But I think that's a representation of the opinion of the fans. And it happens a lot because GNR works in a variety of different styles and sounds. It was true of the UYI albums, and even more true of CD.

But my point is...no song on a GNR album was put in to "fill" space, they are all well crafted and created for an exact purpose, representation of a set of feelings etc....

Some of us may like songs more than others, but that's just about personal tastes.

Board footer