You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Slash Confirms RCA Split

Sky Dog wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Bono wrote:

Gimme a break. I'm sure Duff could do anythng that was asked of him in studio. It's not like the bass playing on CD is earth shattering. In fact there's nothing on CD that the old band couldn't have done and maybe even done better.

That's a bit of a reach. I don't think anyone thinks Tommy's playing on CD is earth shattering. For one thing, it doesn't need to be earth shattering. It just has to go with the context of each song, and in fairness to Tommy, I think people should ease up on any harshness simply for the fact he is buried in quite a few of these tracks. Even in moments where he does shine(IRS), he's competing with too many other sounds. He certainly earns his paycheck on Riad, and while I do like Duff, I cant imagine him playing on that. Its a slight step outside of his comfort zone.

thanks....most all the old and new members are quality musicians with their own style. In reality, Duff and Tommy are probably the most alike.:peace:

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
strat0 wrote:

WOW!!!! Didn't realize Libertad tanked that badly.

Of course it did, it was the Weiland album. No one wants to hear that fuckin' idiot.

Brett wrote:

Of course it did, it was the Weiland album. No one wants to hear that fuckin' idiot.

That's true 16

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

i knew that vr was trying ot get out on their own...now they have all the freedom in the world to do what they want on their own time

Neemo

Neemo wrote:
Slash_McKagan wrote:
Brett wrote:

That's true 16

can we keep the scott bashign to a dull roar? thanks

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

Sorry Neemo sad But it is the truth partly. I actually liked Libertad the first few listens. Then it was just like *puts it back in case and deletes off iPod* kinda thing lol

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i dont care if you dont like him...but i will not tolerate a thread of bashing...like can ya just say "i hate scott"? instead of calling him a "Fucking Idiot" thats all i ask

Board footer