You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Happy CD Day

Sky Dog wrote:

Russ is passed out now.......Scraped blaring over the speakers, empty bottle of whiskey at his feet....

samnuts
 Rep: 1 

samnuts wrote:

lol.  is there any better way to enjoy Chinese Democracy?

Sky Dog wrote:

The ending of TWAT is fuckin badass....I am just ripping it right now...cops will be here shortly....:haha:

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Fortunately I have a day off Tues, and i`m buyin it monday so thats my day planned out Tues.

christina_rose
 Rep: 15 

Happy CD day to all! I also can't believe its real. Listening to the songs on the radio this past weekend was just so weird. I had to keep reminding myself it was the radio, and not my iPod! For so long I've felt like I was in some sort of secret society of people listening to the leaked songs. And I want to say thank you to those who shared the songs with us. This whole weekend has just been a fantastic experience. Walking into Best Buy this morning I felt like I was walking on air. Its been an amazing journey for sure, and now the rest of the world can finally hear what we've all been listening to. And that feels really good.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:

I just got back from picking up my pre-ordered copy. I'm impressed that they had a big display of it at the front of the store right as people walk in. Hopefully they leave it there for a long time and force this down people's throats (since people have ZERO attention span and typically buy the shit that is right in plain sight). I saw quite a few people checking out the display. They looked curious.

And I will say, getting this album reminds me of how shitty it is to try to take the stupid tape off of a CD case. Good God, that shit is a pain in the ass. DVD/Blu-ray tape is a lot easier to pull off than CD's. I haven't bought a CD in a while so it was interesting to say the least. 16

Sky Dog wrote:

mine was right dead in front as well....listening to this album on computer speakers and ipods doesn't do the sound any justice at all..Riad is insane.....the drums are out of control. 18

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
madagas wrote:

mine was right dead in front as well....listening to this album on computer speakers and ipods doesn't do the sound any justice at all..Riad is insane.....the drums are out of control. 18

I agree. I listened to Sorry on the way home from Best Buy and the drums sounded fucking amazing on my car stereo.

The main thing about this album, though, is that voice. It's been too fucking long. The world of music has needed that voice and it's great to hear it again on an official release, not as a backup singer to Baz. 16  If you go on iTunes and preview the songs, I think it will impress a lot of casual listeners. His voice is incredible on this album and it shows through on the iTunes samples.

alexh0618
 Rep: 14 

alexh0618 wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

And I will say, getting this album reminds me of how shitty it is to try to take the stupid tape off of a CD case. Good God, that shit is a pain in the ass. DVD/Blu-ray tape is a lot easier to pull off than CD's. I haven't bought a CD in a while so it was interesting to say the least. 16

I had the same problem!!!! I think I tore that tape into 17 different pieces before I finally got it all off.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

As an older and jaded fan, I hope the younger fans here(CC, saikin, rex,etc.) had a great experience buying this and listening to the disc for the first time. There's nothing quite like buying a brand new GNR album in stores.

This has been an incredibly long journey. Never really boring. The online communities became a place where we all shared this bond. Regardless of what happens next, or who stays to see what unfolds next or "moves on", I'm glad to have shared this experience with you all.

Board footer