You are not logged in. Please register or login.

war
 Rep: 108 

Re: For the record.....

war wrote:
Bono wrote:

Pretty hilarious how the notion of me not being a fan has crept up. It's called reading comprehension people. Try it.  For those of you who actually read what I posted and understood it even if you don't agree with it 5 

My attitude on this has nothing to do with the band, singer, or any musicians who was involved.  It simply has  to do with me not wanting to hand over my momney to a guy(not the singer) who has no regard for his fans. It's not about the music for me. The music is decent enough to spend $12. But like I said before maybe I'm spoiled by being a U2 fan or a David Usher fan or a fan of other bands. Maybe knowing that there are others out there who bust their asses off just as much if not more(definately more) than Axl does, yet take the time to appreciate their fans is where I've developed this attitude.  People will say that's a pussy attitude Bono. They'll say that I'm taking it way too personal. Whatever. Let me ask you this. Do you give your money to any buisness that gives poor service? That disregards their customers? Hell no. You go out of your way not to give money to those people and give it to those who genuinely appreciate your support.  Call me crazy but I'm pretty sure it's how the real world works.

i understand what you're saying and respect it. it's your money, right. do with it what you please. for me, the music is worth the 12 dollars i paid and that's what i recieved, music. noithing more , nothing less.

war

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Life just isn't life without a buzzsaw/war argument.

I thank both of you for keeping the earth spinning on its axis.

Carry on....

there should be a debate section, where you can send us naughty boys and girls to duke it out and members could vote the stronger opponent to the winner circle. 14

elmir
 Rep: 53 

elmir wrote:

just got my copy...wasn't going to, but i figured i owed it to myself to get it...it feels good to have it, even though its not what i wanted it to be....but it feels good...

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
elmir wrote:

just got my copy...wasn't going to, but i figured i owed it to myself to get it...it feels good to have it, even though its not what i wanted it to be....but it feels good...

What exactly did you want it to be?

For me it exceeded expectations and then some, but to each his own.

Stepvhen
 Rep: 58 

Stepvhen wrote:

ANyone who spends so much of his time on the boards is not only a fan but a die hard. For better or worse

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
elmir wrote:

I have the same feeling.  Its good, but didn't exceed anything and "Sorry" was the closest I got to being blown away.  I feel like I almost had to buy it to show support, but if it wasn't a GNR album, I would have never purchased it.  That is why I feel kind of dirty about it.  I didn't really buy it for the songs, I bought it because of the name on the CD.  I even find myself playing the songs some love like Catcher and This I Love to try and feel what they feel.  I don't though.  Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some songs.... If the band was called "Mr. Smith and the Monkey" and ever the album was the exact same, I am not sure I buy it.  I know that sounds bad, but may be true.  Shame on me.

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

ANyone who spends so much of his time on the boards is not only a fan but a die hard. For better or worse

yeah... it`s one thing to spend a lot of your time on a gnr board being happy and talking about your favourite band, but it`s an entirely different thing to spend a lot of your time on a gnr board to complain and bitch about a band. a band which might even be your favourite band however.... and i think that`s what some people are doing on this board. pathetic if you ask me.

reading some of the earlier posts in this thread, i have to say that  i understand your feelings to some extent. i didn`t really feel the need to post about gnr since december 2006. it doesn´t mean i`m less of a fan or anything, i just don´t see any sense in it. i mean most of the time there simply was nothing to write about, but even now i don´t feel the need to write something. of course i`m checking the boards daily though:haha: the same goes for the "real world". some years ago i was very eager to tell my friends and people around me about gnr and everything. to an extent where it just went on their nerves. now as the album is out, i don`t care about that anymore. i don`t care if anyone thinks the album sucks or anything. i love it and that`s enough for me. like madagas said, a weight is off my shoulders.

@bono: the only reason you didn`t buy CD is, because you didn´t have to in order to listen to it. you probably downloaded all the leaks you could get and listened to the final product as soon as it was available on the internet. you`re fooling yourself if you think you didn`t buy it for any other reason. that being said, it would only be fair to buy it now....
i bought the record 4 times by the way. and james, i wouldn`t tell you if it wasn`t the truth. one copy is for my car, one for my stereo and the other two ones were long promised presents.

i don`t care if axl or gnr appreciate their fans or not by the way. it`s not about that to me. i`d take axl being axl about bands who tell their crowd they love them and they`re the best crowd they ever played to any day....

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Bono wrote:

Skippy I supported this new era big time right up untill the whole "12 Tuesdays left" bullshit in 2006. It became really clear to me then that they were actually fucking with their fans. Touring under a  false promise of the album coming out that year.  Tommy's comments "Get on board or fuck off" were disgusting. Axl's lame ass letter in December 2006, blaming everyone else,  promising updates as they happen and giving a tentaive release date for March. Once that date came and went in March 2007 without any word from Axl or the band I thought fuck it. I'm not buying this album. Too many excuses, too much distain and disregard for the fans. I let the whole Vancouver thing slide(I was there, cost me upwards of $400 to get there) and the Philly thing but looking back that was brutal for them to handle that shit the way they did. Then all the lame cancellations in 2006.  In my eyes it almost became an us vs them attitude from Axl and co. Band vs fans.  There seemed to be no appreciation whatsoever from the captain of the ship and I just thought why should I support this? I respect others descision to buy it for sure  and even if they don't respect mine not to buy it I'd at least think people could see where I'm coming from.

James I agree it was pretty odd holding the mythical album in my hands today.

Honestly, I can see where your coming from. I felt the same way. After the :tentative release date" came and went I felt let down. Felt like all Axl was doing was fucking around in the studio trying to waste as much time as possible. Then came the release rumors, then Best Buys announcement. I actually felt excited about this again. Then I listened to the leaked album. I thought "Why not? I preordered it?" I found I had the exact same reaction as I did to Death Magnetic. Strangely disapointed, yet content at the same time. Truly awesome records that both for some reason had MAJOR production issues. So then on the way home from best buy it hit me. I'm listening to CHINESE DEMOCRACY! And it's not on my iPod. So now thhat it's finally out I will continue to post here, although maybe not as much(naa i'll still be here) awaiting the next album.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
WARose wrote:

@bono: the only reason you didn`t buy CD is, because you didn´t have to in order to listen to it. you probably downloaded all the leaks you could get and listened to the final product as soon as it was available on the internet. you`re fooling yourself if you think you didn`t buy it for any other reason. that being said, it would only be fair to buy it now....
i bought the record 4 times by the way. and james, i wouldn`t tell you if it wasn`t the truth. one copy is for my car, one for my stereo and the other two ones were long promised presents.

i don`t care if axl or gnr appreciate their fans or not by the way. it`s not about that to me. i`d take axl being axl about bands who tell their crowd they love them and they`re the best crowd they ever played to any day....

You don't know a fucking thing about me. I did not scramble for the latest leaks as they were happening, I have never downloaded an album for my own personal collection EVER BEFORE untill this one. And the only reason I did so was cause it was right there in front of me. I didn't search it out. I never made any request in any forum asking for it. So don't go telling me why I didn't buy it. I didn't buy it for the reasons I stated.  Fair to buy it now? Gimme a god damn break. Axl can pay me back for the $400 I spent getting to Vancouver for him not to show up. That'd be fair. But sounds pretty fucking ridiculous if that's what I actually wanted.   Fair? I feel like going on an Allen Iversen rant.  Fair? You talkin' about fair? Life's not fair so deal with it.

war

war wrote:

that's actually a really good reason for downloading and not buying

Board footer