You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah fuck the prequels...but I'd watch 4-6 in 3d.

Don't think I could sit through 1-3 at the movies again. I like selected moments from them (eg Darth Maul) but they're just too destructive to the franchise to endure the 6 hour versions wink

Not to derail the thread but I didn't give a crap about 3d either until I made my home theatre 3d recently....but if there's any fellow home theatre enthusiasts around in the context of your own place it's pretty fun. Mostly novelty value at the moment for me I guess..but fun!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I might MIGHT go see Empire Strikes Back in 3D.

I've just kinda moved on from those movies. I liked them, but i've never been a fanatic about them like some.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'll pass. I'm holding my breath for the 2000000th rerelease that will have an extra trillionth of a nanosecond footage of Jabba the Hut. I will settle for nothing less...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

No interest either.  Maybe Star Wars Ep 4 & Empire.  Not sure if they're releasing them.  tbh, I probably wouldn't even go seem them in all honesty. bono makes a good point, they outta whip thru these quickly, cause they're gonna tank in ticket sales & people will have zero interest if a year goes by.

{Krusty the Clown voice}"Ugghhh, they're still showing these things??"

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Must say I think i'd prefer a 3d blueray wink

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:
russtcb wrote:
Axlin12 wrote:

I might MIGHT go see Empire Strikes Back in 3D.

I've just kinda moved on from those movies. I liked them, but i've never been a fanatic about them like some.

That's my thing, I may go see Empire and that's about it. I was also never a fanatic but I enjoy re-watching them now and again. I wouldn't be caught dead paying to see all 6 in 3D.

The dog fight in A New Hope in 3D could very well be worth it alone depending on how well the 3D is done.  There's no way in hell I'll skip any of the original trilogy. 

What I'm gonna love about this is watching how low the ticket sales for the new trilogy are going to be compared to the original trilogy. This is where Georges Lucas is gonna really find out how badly he fucked up the franchise with the new trilogy. I wouldn't be surprised to see the prequil trilogy rerelease tank while the original trilogy rerelase could have all three movies competeing for highest grossing films of the year. the highest grossing film is going to eb The Hobbit. Yes it will out do Batman.  I guarantee it.

To be honest the 3D technology we're all seeing now and what will be in these Star Wars movies is gonna pale in comparison to what Peter Jackson reveals with The Hobbit in my opinion.

PaSnow wrote:

bono makes a good point, they outta whip thru these quickly, cause they're gonna tank in ticket sales & people will have zero interest if a year goes by.

So true. They should actually do it every 2 months and get the whole thing done this year. At that pace Return of the Jedi would be play December 7th or so which would be smart as it's one week before The Hobbit. Lucas doesn't wanna release any of this stuff the week of The Hobbit or even within a few weeks after. Honestly I think The Hobbit will become the highest grossing film of all time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I actually have thought from the beginning of this idea that the new trilogy is gonna tank. Sith might do better, but nothing compared to the original trilogy.

And not that Blu Ray's exist for the original trilogy and can probably be picked up in the Wal-Mart down the street for cheaper than 3D, I don't see this 3D event doing what the Special Edition's did in the late 90's.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I'm going to all 6, with my son. He loves them. Never thought I'd be able to see any  of these on the big screen with him. That's the only way they are worth watching at all--on a big screen.

And, yeah, The Hobbit, which the two of us just read, is going to destroy anything and everything in its wake.

In fact, I wish Jackson would rerelease the Rings films so my son could see those. That'd really be worth it.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'm still deciding if I should invest seeing both trilogies in 3D. I think I may skip Episode 2 since it's my least favorite SW film.  Hayden making Anakin a whiny bitch throughout the whole film and focusing the best parts of the franchise to the last 15 minutes of the film with the exception of the Obi Wan vs. Jango Fett fight. The only problem I had with Episode 1 was some of the dialogue and characters could of been more developed and that there is a huge transition between 1 & 2 that leaves alot for more structure. Also the pacing of the film was another thing I saw when I got older. Liam Neeson is still a badass. I do have fond memories of it when I was younger. I remember seeing the original (classic) trilogy in theaters back in 1997. It changed my life!! big_smile I'm so excited for the Hobbit films. The trailer blew my mind!!

Board footer