You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

Neemo wrote:

if money permits i will be seeing them

definately epIII though

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

I will be seeing all six in the cinema. I know the New Trilogy sucks but if there's anyway it can be enjoyed at all, it's on the big screen. Besides I don't remember Episode 2, I fell asleep when watching it.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

I've seen the prequels too many times on Spike to pay for them ever again, no matter the format. I remember my parents taking me and my brother to the re-releases in theaters in the late 90s. I guess it must've been for the 20th anniversary re-edition or whatever. It was a special way to be introduced to them for sure, so those of you with kids, I would recommend it. Hearing parents whisper the scrolling text into little kids' ears is neat to watch too.

As for myself, maybe I'll go see A New Hope or Empire, but I could miss them all and not miss it at this point.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I hate the prequels so much I've been cynical in this thread...but bono's post made me consider how much I love the original 3 and just how bad ass they would be in 3d if it was rendered well. Let's face it...I'm going to go. lol.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Bono wrote:

-"The 3D re-release, which premiered in February 2012, earned $43 million worldwide on its opening weekend ($22.5 million of which was in North America). To date, the 3D re-release has made $97.6 million worldwide (including $43.1 million domestically), and has increased the film's overall box office takings to $474.25 domestically, and $547.7 million in other territories. The film crossed the $1 billion mark worldwide on February 22, 2012, making it the first Star Wars film to accomplish this feat and the eleventh film in history to do so"-
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmmmm.... it did better than I thought considering I don't know anyone who went to see it, including myself.  I can't imagine Attack of the Clones equalling these numbers for a rerelease. Maybe Sith will. I'm pretty confident the originals are gonna blow these numbers out of the water though. I'd guess upwards of $200 million per film for the originals.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

YEah i will def go see the original 3.

As i was saying in some other friend. SW is a curious case for me. Normally I don't let poor sequels interfere with my love of the originals (ag Aliens franchise) . But that new trilogy really did kind of taint the whole SW universe to me.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I saw a free screening of Phantom Menace in 3D from my work, and I thought the 3D element was terrible. It was more depth-of-field 3D, rather than shit coming out at you 3D, and it didn't add anything to the film

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I want to see Lethal Weapon 2: 3D

Now that mother fucker i'll lay some money on.

"It's just been revoked"

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I'm holding off for Star Wars: Virtual Reality. Jump straight into Jabbas barge and make Leia my slave.

I could lay down 15$ for that.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Oh i hate depth 3d as opposed to "forward" 3d....just weirds me out.

Board footer