You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/29/ … e=facebook

star-wars-episode-7-cast-announce.jpg

The main cast has been announced officially for Episode VII. Not including any cameos or support cast members. I have a "good" feeling about this. It's some pretty strong picks. They got Serkis..they have my attention. Alot of people are upset that Billy Dee Williams isn't in the official posting; but he could maybe show up for a scene or two in the film in a more supporting role/bit cameo. The main reason I think it's his health and physicality. The man is up there in years and just isn't in good health. Neither is Peter Mayhew; but he's on the list for the time being. Mr. Williams is back at his chair to compose the score which is always a pleasure.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

I have a not so bad feeling about this too. It doesn't appear to have an artificial emphasis on "diversity" which many feared. There are no big stars just for the sake of it. It looks like they chose this group because it fitted the story, and that's good.

Now let's hope they manage to craft a great story true to the Star Wars values. That will be the real jugular.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

I have a not so bad feeling about this too. It doesn't appear to have an artificial emphasis on "diversity" which many feared. There are no big stars just for the sake of it. It looks like they chose this group because it fitted the story, and that's good.

Now let's hope they manage to craft a great story true to the Star Wars values. That will be the real jugular.

I agree good sir. The story and if this film turns out good and watchable is the real test.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

So lots of rumors going around. Von Sydow is a cyborg and possibly related to Dooku. Luke turning to the dark side. Ridley being his apprentice.

I like the Dooku thing and really hope it is true, but Luke turning to the DS is truly terrible. Basically renders both the OT and the PT irrelevant. Probably isn't true though, but I can see the temptation. Key thing for this movie to survive is to avoid all of those obvious pit falls.

Me_Wise_Magic

polluxlm wrote:

So lots of rumors going around. Von Sydow is a cyborg and possibly related to Dooku. Luke turning to the dark side. Ridley being his apprentice.

I like the Dooku thing and really hope it is true, but Luke turning to the DS is truly terrible. Basically renders both the OT and the PT irrelevant. Probably isn't true though, but I can see the temptation. Key thing for this movie to survive is to avoid all of those obvious pit falls.

I wouldn't believe some of these rumors going around. Alot of them are fan fic like theories posted by internet bloggers for click bait. Even some of the supposed concept art leaked doesn't feel legit. Until they are backed up officially by JJ, Kathelyn Kennedy, and Lucas-film later on in the film's development and promotion. Also Luke doing that would ruin one of the main plot points of the original trilogy. Which is what Episode 7 is hoping to inspire from that creativity and story telling; but with their own unique spin. There will be probably one of the new apprentices or cast members turning to the dark side; but right now reports that Luke will become a Obi-Wan like figure due to Hamill getting back in shape, growing a master like beard. A Jedi master trying to survive and re-establish the order in some fashion; but taking quite a long time to do so. Which going by the time frame will be 30 years or more since the end of Return of the Jedi. I agree we can't have anymore plot holes in this franchise and with re-tooling with a new team that has respect for the lore/material then there is...hope! Von Sydow is rumored to be a Sith Lord with Adam Driver's character a Sith as well. Not sure. I've heard even one of the new female leads may be one too.

Me_Wise_Magic

The official title for Episode VII is: "STAR WARS EPISODE 7: THE FORCE AWAKENS!" Info is written and updated on the official SW website and has been posted on various new articles today. Rumors are a trailer will be released during the screenings for Disney's "Into the Woods." Which is coming out during Christmas and the trailer out online shorty there after. GUYS IT'S HAPPENING...IT'S BECOMING A REALITY. A NEW STAR WARS FILM MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! In about a year from now!

http://www.starwars.com/films/star-wars-episode-vii

Star-Wars-The-Force-Awakens.jpg

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

And, its here.....!!!!

What's everyone's thoughts

It looks awesome to me. JJ looks like he'll be doing for Star Wars what he did for Star Trek - make a really great film, great acting mixed with great special effects and story

Me_Wise_Magic

Highly agree. The teaser trailer was kick ass!!! Loved every moment. Would of preferred to see a little of Hamill with the beard at the end; but I guess they have plans to release that kind of stuff later which is fine. It sets up the right tone and I believe from sources that the voice over is indeed, Andy Serkis's character. Whom he is supposed to have a prominent role in the movie. smile

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

That broad sword  inspired light Saber is pretty fucking cool. I dunno if it's just me but that teaser felt more like Star Wars than the last 3 movies.

Me_Wise_Magic

BLS-Pride wrote:

That broad sword  inspired light Saber is pretty fucking cool. I dunno if it's just me but that teaser felt more like Star Wars than the last 3 movies.

That is true! Even though I liked Episodes 1 & 3. Not 2: Attack of the Clones (which was a stupid title and heavily flawed movie in general.) The prequels have their problems, I won't deny that. Lucas works better as a visionary when he collaborates with other writers, directors, and producers that makes his concepts better and stronger. There have been people bitching about the light saber design while others love it. I do love it and like the internet it has a very medieval sword quality to the design. I have a feeling that's Adam Driver as the Sith with Serkis as the voice over in the teaser. Could be completely different actors when the movie comes out though. This does feel like a return to form and true blue SW film. It makes sense because JJ is such a big Star Wars fan-boy and always used those influences in his Trek films and other projects. This is like a dream for him to make this movie please fans of the originals; but bring it back into the right light. I hope we get an official synopsis and a poster before the end of the year or early next year in the coming months.

Board footer