You are not logged in. Please register or login.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

Re: The Star Wars Thread *NO SPOILERS ALLOWED!*

polluxlm wrote:

You got some information wrong there James.

There were plans for more than three movies, but the story for those movies was condensed into what we know as the OT. He needed ANH to be a success so he put the ending for ROTJ in it. There was no particular story past Endor. He had mentioned to Mark Hamill it would be fun to do sequels, but even then he said this would happen far in the future when they were all old.

The story for the ST is something he wrote much more recently. Not that it matters since JJ won't be using it. He's remaking the OT instead.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Final full trailer until the movie is out. Besides TV spots, of course. Still very excited. Glad they are hiding certain plot elements and characters; so they don't spoil the movie like most trailers are doing nowadays.

Official poster

CRnIPhQUYAAoupy.jpg

Tickets are on sale now. See you guys in December.

polluxlm
 Rep: 221 

polluxlm wrote:

Disappointing trailer. Feels like an extended teaser. And enough with the voice overs already!

The look is very, very JJ. Which is not surprising, but I would have hoped at least an attempt to film it more "classic" style.

Depends on the story and execution of the action now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I liked it, good enough for me,  Can't wait for the film.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

PaSnow wrote:

I liked it, good enough for me,  Can't wait for the film.

I'm pumped. Still two months to go...!

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I have an odd feeling that Luke went to the Darkside. He's no where in the trailer. Or poster that was released

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Hidden Text:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I have an odd feeling that Luke went to the Darkside. He's no where in the trailer. Or poster that was released

Wow dude, I think you called it.  Esp at the :55 second mark, wouldn't surprise me if that's him. OTOH myb he was killed off early on, and only reappears as an Obi-Wan type character thru halogram. He was a pretty bad actor so no need to keep him around much. 

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I think it's an intentional big swerve.

Hidden Text:

I've read Hayden Christensen is coming back.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

AtariLegend wrote:

Supposedly according to rumors

Hidden Text:

Luke's only actually in the film for a few minutes, he's supposedly been filming for Episode VIII.

Minor spoilers fyi. Not that spoils the plot.

I think it would be a shame to turn Luke to the dark side, it'd would completely ruin his arc continuity from the original trilogy.

Board footer