You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: The Hobbit Movie

Bono wrote:

Olorin that s some awesome, awesome stuff you just said.  Super interestng

AtariLegend wrote:

Any chance you could do a synopsis for "The Similarion" next?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Ha, ha, that book is way too dense for me. I tried but failed to finish it.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I dunno if its possible to write a synopsis for The Silmarillion, its thousands of years history told in a series of short stories that all interconnect in some way. The fact that much of it is written in a biblical fashion and the names and places involved are vast, makes it a bit of a challenge.

There is some fantastic stories in that book but its a hard slog getting through it. It actually took me about 4 readings to actually grasp it because there is so much information to digest, you forget who people were and how the were related to so and so... Its not a story in the sense of The Hobbit and Lord Of The Rings, its really the whole mythology of Middle Earth and Tolkien spent his lifetime creating it and still died before he could piece it all together. It was his son who put that book together, but Tolkien wouldnt have been happy with that version because its too short!
If only a creative mind like his could have been born a century later when you can save things on a pc, cut n paste etc. He wrote his work by hand and later with a typewriter - make any mistakes or change your mind about anything, you have to start again.

There is some cool back history to some of the characters in LOTRs, I could have a go at telling some more about some people you know from the films.

The thing that got me so into Tolkien was that I loved LOTRs and The Hobbit after reading them , then I discovered that Tolkien had wrote so much that I could go and learn more about the people and places in that story, and find answers to questions I had.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Olorin wrote:

Did anyone ever hear Viggos album that Buckethead played on?

I havnt I'm afraid, must have been a low key release, its hard enough to get Bucketheads albums here.

They've done several together. It's mostly sound bites/quotes from people with Bucket and Viggo playing along.

A free sample from a couple of the albums can be found here: http://tdrsmusic.com/musicpreviews.html

Thats some weird shit! But actually quite interesting, would love to hear them in the context of the albums.

Viggo is one deep guy, I hope he gets lands a great role and gets some artistic recognition and acclaim, he is a fine actor, to say the least 22

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:

o ok that explains alot. i love LOTR but have never gotten past like 100 pages in Silmarilklion. too dense for me. and the biblical style writing doesnt help.

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

The Hunt For Gollum, a film made by the fans for the fans, has a new trailer which can be viewed here:

http://thehuntforgollum.com/trailers_pl … iler2.htm#

For a fan made film this looks pretty cool. It has been in the works for a while now and will be available to watch online on May 3rd.

http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

awesome olorin! *karma*

Olorin

Olorin wrote:

The Hunt For Gollum is available to watch here now:

http://www.thehuntforgollum.com/

It was ok, I was hoping it would be more Tolkien inspired than it was. It seems more inspired by Peter Jackson than Tolkien, which is odd as this little story is kinda pulled from the books.  I say kinda because its just not very accurate of what really happened.
There were a few things that bugged me, but for what it is, it is definently worth a watch.
For a fan made film - the acting, costumes, landscapes, soundtrack  and special effects are all really good.

There are other little back stories that could have been more interesting to make a short film on imo. I cant help think they chose this story to build more of a buzz about themselves, given the mainstream popularity the movie Gollum/Smeagol has.

Board footer