You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: My buddy died

bigbri wrote:

Just found out earlier that my best friend from high school died. I'm 35 now, and we kept in touch and hung out all these years.

Apparently his death was drug related but I'm not sure if it was intentional or not. He was in real estate and had gotten beaten to hell recently. His house was even sold by the sheriff's office.

He was a big GNR fan and probably didn't live to hear CD. One of our favorite things to do after school would be to hang out at his house while his mom was still working and rock out to Appetite and L.A. Guns' debut CD, which is way underrated. He was the crazy Steven Adler of our group, and he loved to air-drum to Paradise. He had the whole fucking song down.

Or we would hook up his stereo to his guitar amp and put it in his window and go outside and shoot hoops or play hackey sack.

We went our separate ways for college, but once we met up at a party and opened a bottle of vodka and traded shots till it was gone, which was like 15 minutes--we got fucked up.

We saw some good shows together too. Got absolutely stoned before a Journey show in 1999 or 2000.

I couldn't get in touch with him recently. His ex-wife messaged me on MySpace and told me she had bad news and to call her. But I didn't have to. I knew right away. I called, and she told me. I was at work so I had to keep it together. I'm on a train home now.

I'll miss you Jeff.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Very sorry to hear this, peace to Jeff, his family and to you.  Remember all the good times, that is what makes a life eternal.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

I'm really sorry to hear that Bri.

That's something I haven't experienced yet, so far it's only been people much older than me that have passed, never someone my age that was a close friend. 

I imagine it knocks you back a bit and makes you think about what's important and reminds you to make the most of the time you have with people now, as you never know what's around the corner.  It sounds like you guys had some good times together.

My thoughts are with you and your buddy!

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Damn that's terrible. RIP Jeff.

My next listen to Paradise City is dedicated to your memory.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

Terrible, thoughts are prayers out to you and the family.

sic.
 Rep: 150 

sic. wrote:

Sorry to hear that, man.

It's always a drag to contemplate with even the possibility of a suicide in these cases. A friend of mine drowned this past fall after falling into the river; we all knew he couldn't swim, but no-one can say for sure whether he went down by some freakish accident or a pre-meditated decision to take his own life.

Regardless, I still miss him and the times we had.

It's the old adage: let the tears flow, if they're a-coming. The grief may feel overbearing once the shock subsides, but it's integral in processing your personal loss.

I resort to bid you strength, as no words of mine seem sufficient to ease your plight right now.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

sorry for your loss bri

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

-Jack-
 Rep: 39