You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Gunslinger wrote:

Axlin08, appreciate it man.  It was quite a wait to come together but I'm happy with the results.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
Von wrote:

I actually disagree. Pleasence's Loomis is his own to such an extent that this Loomis would have to be a departure to ever be accepted at all. Loomis wasn't necessarily a "hero" either. Pleasence's Loomis was arguably as mad as Myers and was unhealthily obsessed in a Captain Ahab sort of way in his pursuit. Let Zombie and McDowell create their own Loomis. Once again, I refer back to my prior argument that while the fanbase seemed to have the hardest time with Zombie's remake aspects of his Halloween while alternately praising his stab at more original storytelling (i.e. backstory), with talk of the sequel they seem to take any changes in the mythos as sacrilegious.

I can see your view if you look at this as a "different character" rather than the Loomis of old.  However it would have made tons more sense to actually introduce a new character if Zombie had no intention of keeping Loomis in a normal progression.  Why not find out Loomis had a son or something that wanted to finish what his dad never could?  THEN you could have a "Loomis character" and make it your own instead of changing a key figure in the legacy of the franchise.  That would be "creating their own Loomis", this is only changing someone elses.

As odd as this may sound fucking with the theme bothers me just as much.  I have no problem with someone introducing a new version of it (that's been done every movie) but to totally change a key component that has been successful for over 30 years???  That's a recipe for failure.

Then there is my final beef...the storyline sounds fucking retarded!!!  It's a Rob Zombie drug induced Lifetime special, at least it sounds like it so far.  "More focus on Laurie than Michael"...that's been tried and SUCKED.  Now I'm reading Michael is going to see ghosts basically!!  WTF?????  I read on the IGN website that Zombie just filmed a scene where Michael is chasing Laurie through this field but he sees two ghosts (either in his mind or they are actually there in the field).  One is of his mom (Moon) and the other is of him in his clown costume as a child.

I'm sorry but this gets lamer and lamer.  I HOPE it turns out much better than I expect and I have to eat my words but I HIGHLY doubt it.  My guess is this may be the one that finally really does kill the series.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

You guys both make great arguments. I know it's tough, because I absolutely love the "classic" Loomis character (and Donald Pleasence in general). I think a part of me just loves watching Alex DeLarge doing his own creepshow-style Loomis.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

First picture of Michael:

walk.jpg

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oooh, that's very cool. Has a bit of a "Carpenter Trilogy" look.

Mike

Mike wrote:

chase.jpg

Meet the new Michael!

Here he is for the first time CHASE VANEK the new young Michael Myers. Chase has been kicking ass on set and we are sure you will love him as much as we do. Chase's favorite question to ask me is "When do I get to kill someone ?" Kind of reminds me of another young Michael I used to know.

- Rob Zombie

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Who is that?

Mike

Mike wrote:

^Uncle Seymour Coffins, a character that will be in this movie.

What do you all think of the new young Myers kid? I think he looks more scarier and the type of kid to be a serial killer when he grows up.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

The other kid fit the role perfectly. Was a bit feminine and was  bully bait who would obviously snap at a moment's notice.

Board footer