You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Axlin16 wrote:

This looks FUCKING COOL.

It's so different, it's such a fresh concept from the looks of the trailer, THIS looks like the REAL true NEW beginning for the franchise. I'm loving it. It's different, it's a new day, and it looks like they let Zombie go do his thang with it.

*fingers crossed*

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

This so far looks the most different and unique Halloween that's been made in awhile, I hope it don't suck. I don't like this hallucination or ghost of Michael's mother but other than that I like what I see.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I'm going to reserve judgment. Well, try to anyways. This could easily go either way. When you remake franchises such as this, it has a long time hardcore base that has followed it for decades. You cant ruffle their feathers too much or the franchise will implode and never recover.

There's nothing wrong with trying new things, but you cant completely distance yourself from what made the franchise work in the first place. IF thats what he wants to do, it should have been done in the first film instead of the half prequel/half remake route he took.

James

James wrote:
Mike wrote:

I don't like this hallucination or ghost of Michael's mother but other than that I like what I see.

That's a terrible concept. Thats a big part of what I'm gonna 'reserve judgment' on. 16

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

H2-myers-new-mask.jpg

- Icons of Fright

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I like the Coop poster in the back! 9

Mike wrote:

This so far looks the most different and unique Halloween that's been made in awhile, I hope it don't suck. I don't like this hallucination or ghost of Michael's mother but other than that I like what I see.

This looks to be, by far, the most different Halloween installment since Halloween III... which was the greatest sequel as far as i'm concerned. It's time to shake things up a bit, and do something fresh with this franchise. I'm just hoping it's closer to Halloween III, and not so much a Jason Goes To Hell.

James Lofton wrote:

I'm going to reserve judgment. Well, try to anyways. This could easily go either way. When you remake franchises such as this, it has a long time hardcore base that has followed it for decades. You cant ruffle their feathers too much or the franchise will implode and never recover.

There's nothing wrong with trying new things, but you cant completely distance yourself from what made the franchise work in the first place. IF thats what he wants to do, it should have been done in the first film instead of the half prequel/half remake route he took.

Screw imploding. So we won't get films like Halloween: Resurrection. That was the popularized direction they were going.

As far as i'm concerned, they've got nothing to lose. Halloween 2007 was a mixed bag, as was H2O, and the last really good one was H4, and the last legacy carrying one was H3, imo.

They've got nowhere to go but up imo. For all the fans they pissed off, they'll gain new ones imo. I notice the trailer also tries to put some finality to Zombie's involvement with the franchise, as if he won't return for a new H3. "Money talks, bullshit walks" - Brady / H4.

James

James wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

I like the Coop poster in the back! 9

Mike wrote:

This looks to be, by far, the most different Halloween installment since Halloween III... which was the greatest sequel as far as i'm concerned. It's time to shake things up a bit, and do something fresh with this franchise. I'm just hoping it's closer to Halloween III, and not so much a Jason Goes To Hell.

I have nothing against "fresh". Hell, the second Zombie was announced in 06 for this franchise, I was immediately lobbying for his quick ouster and putting someone in place like Chan Wook Park to take over the reboot, and it doesn't get much more "fresh" than that. That guy could have turned the entire Michael/Laurie concept upside down, and stunned you visually while doing it. Instead we got a trailer trash semi remake with F bombs dropping every five seconds.

I did like his first installment in parts, but it wasn't really a huge departure. He just filled in the lines Carpenter left open on his childhood, and did a condensed remake and on top of that very uninspired writing.

So while he did go the prequel route, he pretty much played it safe to a certain extent. This next installment looks to be taking more chances, and while that move might be able to be applauded at this moment, its gonna be a bit more difficult to go into departure mode with a fan base salivating for a specific formula.

His artistic statement should have been made with the remake, not its sequel.

They've got nowhere to go but up imo.

I'm sure people in the Halloween fan club were saying that in late 1988, and then look what happened? The Man in Black, that Druids tripe, incest, list goes on and on and on.

For all the fans they pissed off, they'll gain new ones imo.

Same thing was said about Chinese Democracy prerelease, and we know how that turned out. wink

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

...I guess i'm shut down with that CD comment. 16

-D-
 Rep: 231 

-D- wrote:

Trailer looks pheonomenal!

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Mike wrote:

I don't like this hallucination or ghost of Michael's mother but other than that I like what I see.

That's a terrible concept. Thats a big part of what I'm gonna 'reserve judgment' on. 16

It IS a terrible concept and part of my reservations as well.  You can add that to the (growing) list unfortunately:

Hallucinations
Ghost of Michael's mom
Hobo Myers
Movie based on Laurie Strode's POV
Much of the film NOT having Michael wearing iconic mask

....that's quite a bit to overcome.  Hopefully there will be success.

Board footer