You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Rob Zombie's Halloween 2

Mike wrote:

Looks like there's going to be a scene in the movie involving a Halloween-themed concert, I can picture a bad-ass scene where Michael walks into a room full of people dressed up for Halloween and nobody would realize he's a killer. Now this is getting exciting.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

The Real Deal Concerning Halloween 2

Variety announced it, others claimed to have scooped it. The reality is, I knew about it for at least a month before anyone, but I was sworn to secrecy. So, I kept my mouth shut.

The least I could do now that it's official is to go straight to Rob and get the real deal concerning H2.

Check it out!

Your return to Halloween took a lot of people by surprise. What made you decide to return to the franchise?
Well, it took me by surprise also. After finishing Halloween I was so burnt out that I had no desire to do it again. For some reason Halloween was one of those shoots that was stressful and crazed from day one. Everything was a struggle and a problem. So, when it was done I was ready to be done. Then time goes by, you regenerate, forget and the idea of a sequel seems okay. But by that point I thought someone else was already doing it. So I just forgot about it. Then I ran into Matt Stein from Weinstein Company at the Scream Awards and found out that it was still up for grabs. So I grabbed it. I love my version of the characters and can't wait to take them further. This sequel will be different than the first film, much like The Devil's Rejects was different from House of 1000 Corpses.

What about the cast? New actors? Who is returning? Any new characters that you can tell us about?
At this point casting hasn't really begun. Only Tyler Mane has officially signed back on as Michael. But I've talked with Malcolm and Scout and both are ready to jump back into the madness. There are a few new characters, but things will change a lot over the next few months so I can't really shed any light on that.

When and where do you start shooting?
Well, the last film was shot in South Pasadena and that was a drag. So this time I actually want to go out of California and find a location that adds more depth, grit and mood to the film. Not sure yet exactly where we are headed but we are out scouting as we speak. The first day of shooting is March 9th.

There are already a ton of rumours floating around. Care to set the record straight on anything?
No. I made the mistake last time of addressing rumors. It was a waste of time. It's all bullshit. I'm already hearing tons of stupid shit, so why bother even dealing with it.

Most people thought TREX would be your next movie. What up with that?
That is in development to be the film that is next after I finish Halloween Two. Sometimes this work out different than you plan. If ever there was a business where you got to roll with punches it's the movie biz.

Anything else?
One thing I'm thrilled with is that Tyler Bates has already started to work on the music. He was excited to take another crack at the score and take it to a new level. We have some really cool music ideas going on.

So there you have it. The first real word on H2. Take that bitches!

-Spider (FearNET)-

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Mike wrote:

That's awesome to hear that this is going to be set in a different location, I knew he was planning to take this into a Devil's Rejects direction. Man, this is going to be an awesome year for horror with the new F13, this new Halloween and the new Wolfman. 9

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

I hope he doesn't stray too far from tried and true. 

Michael HAS to have his mask.
Michael must NOT talk.
Michael can't show emotions.
Michael can't fight rappers...lol.

Other than that I guess I'm wide open as long as the story is good.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Rob will do well with it. One thing i'm happy to see, is he'll do something different with it, to keep it fresh.

Tyler Bates also did very well with the music in the last film. I'd just hope with the next one, he'll put more emphasis on his takes on the classic Halloween music, such as the Main Theme, Laurie's Theme, Myers House theme, Michael kills Judith, The Shape Stalks, stuff like that, which he did very well with RZ:H. But it was swallowed by alot of 'dead music' as I call it. Alot of "ooohhs an aaahhs", like Alan Howarth's H4 score.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

A casting call has already begun for Rob Zombie's H2, which begins filming January in Los Angeles, CA (man, that was fast!). Here's who they're casting so far: [HOWARD BOGGS] - Caucasian - 6'4" - age open. HOWARD is the huge, thick necked bouncer at the 'Rabbit in Red' night club. He's not a pierced-tattooed-rocker type, but more of a hard workin' fist fightin' beer drinkin' bouncer." The call reports that they "are starting on this right away, so please only submit people who are in town for the holidays and able to audition this week." It looks like Zombie has been writing the screenplay for quite sometime now. We're told Scout Taylor-Compton, Tyler Mane, Malcolm McDowell, Daeg Faerch and Sheri Moon Zombie will all be returning. The new film picks up right as the first remake ended, following the aftermath of Michael Myers' murderous rampage through the eyes of the sister he hunted.

-Bloody Disgusting-

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sounds like its gonna be a remake of the remake.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Sounds like an alternate take on the original Halloween II to me.

Instead of the hospital, we're gonna see more of Haddonfield.

Plus is anyone else curious as to how Sheri Moon Zombie is going to be apart of this? Deborah Myers committed suicide in the remake, and not only that, did it like 10 years before Myers escaped. The character has been dead for awhile.

I sure hope he isn't thinking 'flashbacks' or a 'haunting'... that's Jason Voorhees territory, not Michael Myers.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Sheri?? What about Daeg Faerch? Those two being included means we are getting more of the backstory, whether in flashbacks or not. To include those two at this point really reeks of desperation and no ideas. This is why I wanted anyone but Zombie tackling a sequel. Its just going to be a rehash of what we saw last year.

Since they're going this route, bring back Kristina Klebe as well. We'll just chalk her death up to a nightmare Laurie had that night while taking a nap.

It has to be an 'alternate take' on II because Dimension doesn't own the rights to that. They have to stay a light year away from a hospital.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

This is sounding troublesome.  I have even heard the rumor that Michael won't don his famous mask for the most part.  I hope this is nothing more than a silly rumor but there's quite a bit of scatter on how Rob is wanting to take this to "another direction".  Could be good...could be HORRIBLE.  If he makes the mistake of Michael not wearing the mask he's already blown it.

Board footer