You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: U2 - Acoustic Achtung Babies

Bono wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I cant get over the fact that what is essentially a nostalgia band absolutely refuses to live in the past. Not only do you get a heavy dose of No Line, now they are performing new unreleased tracks.

Just fucking amazing. U2 is THE blueprint on what all bands should be doing. Its why any time a hater chimes in on U2 it just goes through one ear and out the other. They would be creaming their pants if one of their favorite bands was doing what U2 is doing. The hate isn't hate. Its jealousy. 16

That second song has hit single written all over it.

Could not have said it better myself. Plus they aren't affraid to dust off  songs like this:
[youtube]x37r9GlJ0q4&playnext=1&videos=8ZDSd8EDzcw&feature=sub[/youtube]

Bono

Bono wrote:

Every Breaking Wave
[youtube]q9C-z-dljsY&feature=sub[/youtube]

Like it or not they aren't affraid to try new shit

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Amazing. If they keep this up, No Line and the unreleased tracks will take up half their set.

Bono

Bono wrote:

From Russia with love
[youtube]OGrqslFHANc&feature=sub[/youtube]

Land down under
[youtube]cLAUt3NAanA&feature=sub[/youtube]

These types of things come from u2.com every single day.  Amazing how easy it is, and the fans love this stuff. Videos, updates, It just keeps them involved. Who knew.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Like I said earlier, it's the blueprint on what to do as a major act. Metallica uses a similar formula. I'm hoping that once the Soundgarden reunion gets moving full speed ahead that they'll be taking the same approach. They did all kinds of cool shit in the pre-internet era and hopefully the transition can be smooth sailing.

Bono

Bono wrote:

Wooo! Leaving for Germany tomorrow, staying Köln for a few days then flying down to Athens for the show on the 3rd. Can't freaking wait. Hangout in Greece for two weeks then back to Cologne to chill for  afew days. U2 360 in Brussels on the 23rd and then right after that heading down to Seville, Spain for the show on the 29th.  Seems weird I leave tomorrow but woo hoo!

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

You are gonna have a terrible time.

Bono

Bono wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You are gonna have a terrible time.

I expect as much. I´m just doing it cause I´m bored. Don´t expect to get much enjoyment out of this trip at all.  I don´t even like German people so I´m not sure what I´m even doing here  tongue  14

Bono

Bono wrote:

It honestly blwos my mid the impact U2 has ona  city when they come to town. Energy wise at least. I'm here in  Athens right now and it seemed like 35% of the people on board the flight from Frankfurt were headed here for the U2 concert. You get into Athens and every little shop you walk by is either playing some sort of traditional music or U2 music. Its unreal. they literally take over   city when they come to town. I've felt it in Vancouver and New York as well as Portland and now Athens. I can't wait for Friday night. then it's off to Brussels on the 23rd.

funny sidenote: I had drinks with a group of four from Itreland tonight who were NOT here for the concert and didn't even know U2 was playing Athens untill they got on the plane in Frankfurt.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Man sounds like you are doing a mini European tour Bono!  Why don't you come down here to Oz to see them in December, forget having a white christmas have a U2 christmas with 40 degree temperatures!  I got my ticket a week ago and they also just annoucned a second concert here in Perth yesterday which has me wondering whether to grab another ticket.

I've only seen U2 once and that was on the Popmart tour (I wasn't a big fan of that album at the time). I remember when they did Zoo TV before that one but they only came to Sydney and Melbourne for that.  They did come to Perth back in the Rattle and Hum days and I stupidly didn't go, but have some mates who did that like to tell me all about it.

Board footer