You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: sneak peek of new song? sorry if its been posted

Neemo wrote:

he said checkmate was a bogus title...then he said the working title is Jackie Chan....someone here noticed somewhere (wiki...?) that one of Jackie Chan's nicknames is "The General" which then led to lines being drawn that Checkmate was actually a clip of the general.....Axl feuled the fires by saying that we heard parts of it (the general) somewhere already

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

I was about to say that Axl saying Jackie Chan was a working title was just a joke, but thanks for clearing it up with some impressive detective work.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
downliner wrote:
Stepvhen wrote:

Its a little longer than the checkmate leak. He sings the first lyric of the next  verse, the word all, in this one and didn't in the old one. Som1 is trying to tell us they have the full song or at least more of it

But the first word of the first verse in the clip is "all".

"All fortunes made..."

The've just tagged that word onto the end and faded out. Lazy git probably didn't even do that, will have taken the 3 minute 'looped' version of the song and just cut it up again 16

I have to say listening to 3 minutes of a looped 16 seconds certainly made it stick in my mind for a while 14

Did you notice the same poster also has this clip?

That one's been around a lil while too I think. Like This Summer. And Axl did say they redid Silkworms...

strat0

strat0 wrote:

hrm check this out

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm calling fake. The first 2 minutes are the same repeating melody. I highly doubt that. The last minute of it is a bit interesting though where that shredder guitar kicks in.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

strat0, no lyrics in the clip is a pretty good indicator that its not legit

are we listening to the same clip axlin? where is the shredding?

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Whatever you call that guitar towards the end that kicks in for a couple seconds here and there, like a solo is about to start, but never does.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
strat0 wrote:

hrm check this out

That ones definately fake. No doubt about it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What is it James says: "Faker than Pam Anderson's tits."

strat0

strat0 wrote:
downliner wrote:
strat0 wrote:

hrm check this out

That ones definately fake. No doubt about it.

I figured it was. That guitar sounds a bit like Robin though and that shred thing. Trying to see where the poster got this vid from to see if he knows if there really is a version with lyrics somewhere.

Board footer