You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Lars Comments on "Better" Video

Axlin16 wrote:
Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl has NO business sense at all. I think everyone has known that for years.

And it's pretty pathetic that everyone (not here) is jumping on Beta's case. Axl is a grown ass man and makes his own decisions or non-decisions for that matter. It's not Beta's fault that he couldn't run a fuckin' gas station.

No business sense at all?

Seems like he gained the rights to the name GNR beyond a shadow of a doubt.  That proves he's got some business sense. 

Making money off the name, and back catalog - yes.

Actively continuing the brand into the future, TO make future profits - hell no.

The Best Buy deal most likely helped him break even. All I can guess is the CD production costs covered all the sessions, and the pure profit is a long-term plan, that'll see money coming in on future albums, but not CD I.

madagas wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl has NO business sense at all. I think everyone has known that for years.

And it's pretty pathetic that everyone (not here) is jumping on Beta's case. Axl is a grown ass man and makes his own decisions or non-decisions for that matter. It's not Beta's fault that he couldn't run a fuckin' gas station.

Are you stoned? Who is jumping on Beta's case?

Not here, but i've been reading elsewhere.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:

Axl Rose hasn't gotten this far in life by having no business sense at all, I'm sorry.  There's a reason this release has been (mis)handled the way it has, and it's NOT because Axl Rose has no business sense.  Do you honestly think Axl would think it'd be a great idea to release the album with little to no promotion?  As always, there's way more to the story than we know.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Yes, at this point. Yes.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:

Like Axl has said before, there are many complications we don't know about.  I believe him on that.  I also think that part of that could be him wanting things his way.  The Best Buy deal was him giving in to some regard though.  He said he wasn't happy with the finished product (ie the booklet) and said he had a different plan in mind. 

Of course releasing the album with little promotion wasn't the best idea.  I have to imagine it feels like a huge weight has been taken off his shoulders.

I have no problem with there being virtually no promotion for this album.  Axl could never show his face again in public and i'd be happy with the music we've gotten.  He could never show his face again but keep releasing music with no promotion and i'd be happy. 

Of course, i would love it if GNR went on tour again.  I have yet to see them live.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
war wrote:

i have a theory about the next album being almost all bumblefoot on lead guitar.

Then you can go ahead and tattoo "not interested" on my forehead.

The last thing anything in the vault needs is the same treatment Chinese Democracy received. If Bumble or Frank need to become that big of a contributor, start a new album from scratch and quit doing everything you can to fuck up songs that were already good.

It isn't really fair to any post-2004 members to have to add shit to old music.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Saikin wrote:

He said he wasn't happy with the finished product (ie the booklet) and said he had a different plan in mind.

After 17 years, you'd better don't blame different booklet plans and don't say the release was rushed. Fact is Axl can get almost anything on the world, fame, press, talented musicians, the Guns N' Roses name etc., but he cannot use it. He can lead a band into numbness and irrelevancy, but cannot lead it to the peak. He's the King Midas of disfunctionality:anything he touches will not work anymore, with the exception of music, although his nonsense actions can kill anything.

An old Axl-interview from 2000, just for the laugh:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/arti … ticleid=30

Addressing the absence of his old band members, Rose suggests he simply needed to take control to survive. ''It is the old story that you are told when you're a kid: 'Don't buy a car with your friends,' ', he says with his eyes straight ahead.

''Nobody could get the wheel. Everybody had the wheel. And when you have a bunch of guys, I'm telling you, you are driving the car off the cliff.

Axl was wrong. He's the one in the car who throws the map out of the window, starts fights with the others to get the wheel while they are on the highway, the others get scared, bail out or get fired, he continues on with a changing bunch of hitch-hikers with less gas, on a narrower and narrower road and in the end he's driving the car off the cliff. That's his version of Guns N' Roses. Thank You Axl, it's a shame the world lost such a talented artist.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

ummm.jpg

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:
war wrote:

for the most part, i believe everything he has said but he hasn't said much of anything - he kind of dances around the issues.  his reponse to the video question was of complete irrelevance, as if he had no say whatsoever in the matter. he had that stance with a lot of things. i just don't know if i believe that is the case. if the better video was coming out in a week or so as he said he would have known with certainty and it would have come out for these things are decided with more than a week's notice.

This is why I never had the huge hard-on for the Axl forum posts like others did (at least no when unaccompanied by a real media campaign). Axl has the power to select which questions he answered and how he'd answer them. It pretty much nixed the possibility of follow-up "hard" questions and basically was a scapegoat to let him off the hook. I still appreciate the fact that he came on, but a lot of it was a lot of talk without giving us what we're interested in most. Answering questions online allowed Axl to tip-toe.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

It speaks volumes about the organisation, that after the umpteen year clusterfuck making that album, weeks after the botched release of "the most anticipated album of all time" - that they decide to start tinkering around with live footage and piece together a video for a single - released weeks before.

Shrewd man, shrewd....

Of course, us bumpkins dont know anything about the turmoil and legal issues that are thrown in the face of their best intentions day after day, week after week, year after year, decade after decade yada yada fucking yada......ZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZ

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

i have a theory about the next album being almost all bumblefoot on lead guitar.

Then you can go ahead and tattoo "not interested" on my forehead.

Me too. The worst solos on this album are Bumble's solos. He just doesn't cut it. At least when he's playing over already established music.

Board footer