You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: "I'll Never Say Goodbye" - Good Things and Ghosts of Pride

Neemo wrote:

cheers sic. you will be missed. gnrevolution has been tremndously lucky to have you one staff and as a loyal member

you are always welcome here big_smile

Backslash
 Rep: 80 

Backslash wrote:
Neemo wrote:

cheers sic. you will be missed. gnrevolution has been tremndously lucky to have you one staff and as a loyal member

you are always welcome here big_smile

Amen to that, sic, it's always made me afraid to argue anything you post because you have all the facts to back it up.  You've really been a key contributor to this site and its success.  Take care!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks for your fact finding sic. As BS said, hard to argue with you. I don't know about the whole verse/chapter your going with, I'd divide CD into Good/Great & stinkers, with about 6 or 7 of each.

I still don't get the love people have with ITW.. The only way I'd throw it on at a party is if it was getting late & I wanted people to leave. NOW!!

And this

sic. wrote:

As far the musical flow is concerned, the latest batch of songs (Better, Scraped, Shackler's Revenge and Sorry) come out as the most balanced and fluent of them all. The band had by then gelled well into a coherent unit and were all on the same page as far as songwriting was concerned. From that point of view, these four tracks are the strongest offerings of the album.

Better & Sorry are good, Shack & Craped should be shelved. Infintely. All a matter of opinion I suppose.

Don't be a stranger, & good luck in life 22

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I'll never find anyone to replace you, guess i'll have to make it through... this time... oooh this time.... without you

Sic, amazing chronicle and finale to Chinese Whispers. One of the great & dedicated posters of the community. I wish you peace & relaxtion in your break, and look forward to your glorious return.

Infinite thanks - Axlin08

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

Take care sic.
Hope to see you on the board again some time soon.

mickronson
 Rep: 118 

mickronson wrote:

Wow, that was Sic-k..

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

There will never be another like sic....

Over the years, whether or not a person turned into a forum junkie or just popped in once in a blue moon to see what was happening, they most certainly not just read your posts, but actually sought them out specifically.

I remember years ago when I only went to HTGTH, I quickly learned to scroll through most posts because the threads were gigantic and wasn't worth the time to read posts that didn't really add anything(the "I agree posts",etc.). Didn't take long to figure out that the wheat among the cesspool of chaff went by the names of sic, evagnraxlrosette, madagas, jimmythegent, saul(simply for the perfect comedic timing that grounded things back to reality), etc.(cant bother to list all the "wheat", no offense to anyone).

sic never insulted people, played games, or did any other immature shit that always goes on at these sites. He had a real passion for GNR and specifically this project, and it always came through in his intellectually stimulating posts. His posts were so good at times, that even me with my post whoring ways was sometimes unable to form a coherent thought in response.

sic will certainly be missed(not just here), although I have a feeling we haven't heard the last from him.

Now we just gotta wait for Axl to pull a new myth out of his ass.....

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Furbush wrote:

peace out sic... chinese whispers is the most compelling non- political thing i've ever read.. that post was number 2... karma.. and don't be a fucking stranger, sir......

Board footer