You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: Axl Rose Speaks to Billboard

Neemo wrote:

well we all know that Duff stayed with Axl for years after slash left...so at sopme point Duff must've at least sided with Axl in some capacity for where the blame lie.....and i dont know if Duff ever talked about axl being too much a of a dictator? did he? i'd like to read the interview(s) if they exist

Intercourse
 Rep: 212 

Intercourse wrote:

the fact for me remains that everybody who had an alternative career to reach for other than one in GNR has bailed. The only 'lifer' is Dizzy and both he an we know he was never going to make it on his own.

There are more Geffen people citing Axl as the difficult one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpPGyA911qo

As I have always said, the man is a legend but an impossible one to get on with.

I really do not see the same level of evidence against Slash, he appears to have the continued good will of those he worked with. The hate appears nothing more than a form of defence of Axl.

And to use Weiland in this context is wrong. He actually said that he and Slash got on very well and may work together again some day.

The Inquisition: Scott Weiland

From STP to Velvet Revolver to his new solo album, Weiland has mastered the art of living on the edge.

By John Sellers 11.23.08

...... He's also not ruling out a Velvet Revolver reunion. "Slash and I always got on pretty well," he says. "So who knows?" Weiland, 41, spoke to us from his home in Southern California.

http://www.spin.com/articles/inquisition-scott-weiland

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

From Hard Force Magazine Interview with Duff in 1999

D : Susan, my girlfriend, was pregnant. We were going to have a baby, but this band was becoming a dictatorship, everything had to get done in Axl’s way or it wouldn’t get done at all. It wasn’t like that when we started out. At one point, we were offered a huge sum of money to play a concert in Germany. I thought : « I never played for money and I’m not gonna start now! ». I’ve got a house, I’m secure financially. Post-Neurotic was the worst moment of my career in Guns. I went out for dinner with Axl and I told him : « Enough is enough. This band is a dictatorship and I don’t see myself playing in those conditions. Find someone else. »

HF : Why did Axl become so egomaniac and arrogant?

D : Because many people around him maintain him in that state of mind. They kept telling him he was right. Some of them feared him cause they were scared they were gonna lose their job. It’s as simple as that. I don’t want to do anything that goes against what I am now. I’m honest with myself and with the people surrounding me. Had I stayed with Axl, I would have acted against my personality. And nothing worse could ever happen to me. In this story, the real losers are Guns N’ Roses fans, unfortunately.

Intercourse

Intercourse wrote:

again, this stuff is all over the media and when I look for the same about Slash, I just don't find it (unless its from Axl).

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

the fact for me remains that everybody who had an alternative career to reach for other than one in GNR has bailed. The only 'lifer' is Dizzy and both he an we know he was never going to make it on his own.

There are more Geffen people citing Axl as the difficult one here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpPGyA911qo

As I have always said, the man is a legend but an impossible one to get on with.

I really do not see the same level of evidence against Slash, he appears to have the continued good will of those he worked with. The hate appears nothing more than a form of defence of Axl.

And to use Weiland in this context is wrong. He actually said that he and Slash got on very well and may work together again some day.

The Inquisition: Scott Weiland

From STP to Velvet Revolver to his new solo album, Weiland has mastered the art of living on the edge.

By John Sellers 11.23.08

...... He's also not ruling out a Velvet Revolver reunion. "Slash and I always got on pretty well," he says. "So who knows?" Weiland, 41, spoke to us from his home in Southern California.

http://www.spin.com/articles/inquisition-scott-weiland

Scott also said when interviewed by Howard Stern that he gained a newfound respect for Axl after going through the breakup of VR with Slash, Duff, and Matt.  And he said maybe "they're just lead singer haters".

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

That statement from Duff speaks volumes about the "yes men" mentality that pretty much stifled the band and project from day one.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

faldor wrote:
Intercourse wrote:

again, this stuff is all over the media and when I look for the same about Slash, I just don't find it (unless its from Axl).

Again, that could just prove that Slash is more likeable.  He's more friendly.  And I don't think anyone would argue with that.  Axl has made a lot of enemies over the years.  Slash hasn't.  So why WOULD anyone in the media take Axl's side?  Slash gives interviews at the drop of a hat, and Axl speaks once every 4 years or so.  Slash could be the biggest asshole (I don't think he is, but just for arguments sake), if he doesn't show that side to the media they only know what they see.  Axl could be one of the nicest guys if you actually sat down and got to know him, but if you just look at his bad boy antics, well then you build your own perception that that's who he is.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
-D- wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Some people are way too quick to make excuses for Axl.  Don't bother, he has plenty of his own and doesn't need or want your help.

In other words, nothing he can say or do will ever convince you of his argument.

Axl's fighting to win a fixed game.

People like you, the media, and Slash fans enjoy making him out to be the bad guy, because it's EASY. Face it. Just like when VR soured, Slash fans immediately blamed Weiland. It's day old. Seems to me he's a bitch guitarist that runs off vocalists, not the other way around. Robin is not out of GN'R and has been with the band for a decade, as has Tommy, and Richard Fortus has been with the band for 8. So apparently it ain't a 'guitarist' thang.

If anything I believe Axl more now, than ever, based solely on the fact he looks like a lunatic dumbass, and continues to plead his case. That's a man with conviction.

Unlike - 21 or any of the other former members, who's stories have been widely inconsistent over the years, unlike Axl who's stuck by his argument since the beginning.

Oh and your comment about how 'he doesn't want your help'... not true... a man who doesn't give a fuck, doesn't bother to plead his case. He wants someone to believe him. Some do. Some don't.

Gonna have to prove u wrong on this

Remember when Robin left in 99 or whenever and Axl pretty  much called him a limited guitarist? remember what he said? I can find the entire interview if u want, I'd rather not, but he threw Robin Under the bus

When Bucket left, he sort of threw Bucket under the bus.

Like Buzz said, the stories are somewhere a long 12 to 1.

so is the entire world lying?

I seriously doubt it.

Now, I don't place all blame on Axl, but to pretend he has "NO" blame whatsoever is just ludicrous.

Axl can bad mouth all he wants... i'm actually referring to other members bad mouthing him.

And I do not think Axl is blameless. Not by a long shot. Just providing a different perspective.

Mikkamakka
 Rep: 217 

Mikkamakka wrote:
Neemo wrote:

well we all know that Duff stayed with Axl for years after slash left...

Like 6 months... Guess he was waiting for Slash to come back.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:

Yeah, I think Duff was waiting for the band to get back on track before he realized Slash was gone for good and Axl had strong armed control of the band, at least from his perspective. Then he bailed. I don't think it was a matter of siding with anyone. It was a matter of trying to wait out a storm that unfortunately still hasn't passed.

Board footer