You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: ARod tested positive for steroids in 2003

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Do you mean "an Alex Rodriguez" as in a random person named Alex Rodriguez, or do you mean THE Alex Rodriquez except "an" is a typo in your post?

Haha, it was a different kid, he was really funny though, it wouldn't have surprised me if he had become famous as a comedian... but I guess the ods of two people with that name becoming famous were stacked against him. Oddly enough I went to school with a Calvin Broaddus (Snoop Dogg) also, names were slightly spelled different though somehow, I forget exactly myb 1 had 2 d's or something. I think there was 1 more interesting name, can't remember it right now.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slashsfro wrote:

I think he purposely omitted his Yankee tenure because he didn't want to endure more crap from the NY media as they shit on him enough.

You're probably right about that. So he could 'put it all behind him" in a way. It was a different era, the Rangers years.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

Do you mean "an Alex Rodriguez" as in a random person named Alex Rodriguez, or do you mean THE Alex Rodriquez except "an" is a typo in your post?

Haha, it was a different kid, he was really funny though, it wouldn't have surprised me if he had become famous as a comedian... but I guess the ods of two people with that name becoming famous were stacked against him. Oddly enough I went to school with a Calvin Broaddus (Snoop Dogg) also, names were slightly spelled different though somehow, I forget exactly myb 1 had 2 d's or something. I think there was 1 more interesting name, can't remember it right now.

My sister went to junior high and high school with a kid named Austin Powers. As soon as that movie came out, that kid never heard the end of it. 16

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

A-Rod finally admitted to it, but he ONLY used it from 2001-2003 during his tenure with the Texas Rangers.

Bullshit

Like I really believe he cut the 'roids, and then hit like what, 54 homers with the Yankees in 2007.

He's full of shit, he's still using them.

I bet he was using them in Seattle too.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Oh yeah. I don't buy all of this 'bulked up' years with any of these guys. Bonds with the Pirates or Clemens with the Red Sox.

Like they really aren't going to use an edge in college, high school or independent leagues, when they're being scouted, but suddenly they get to the majors, and start juicing. Bull crap.

If you go back and look at McGwire when he started off with the A's, he had muscle, but was not huge until the 'bash bros' days, which was only 2-3 down the road. He could've been using before then.

This is a long-winded way to say, I agree with Tejas. He was using them in Seattle, and before then. I think ALL of them were.

This whole shit about how, well Bonds & Clemens were HOF-material before they started juicing... fuck off... now we're gonna start making TIERS of cheaters, because you fuckin' butt sore writers can't get over the fact, your fuckin' gay homeboys Bonds & Clemens that you've been on the balls of since their rookie year, were fuckin' cheaters. They slit McGwire's throat as soon as their's a faint smell of fart in the air, but Bonds & Clemens get a pass... fuck off. You're a bunch of a double talkin' jive mother fuckers.

*cue Slash's guitar*

This wasn't directed at anyone here, it was directed at all the writers, all the 'experts', and all the sports shows out there. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Axlin08, I actually think the writers were more lenient on McGwire than Bonds. Bonds treated them like shit his entire career and they treated him like shit in return. McGwire charmed them in 1998 despite the fact that he admitted to using something that was questionable at the time.

As for juicing later in a career, I believe it with Bonds. I don't believe it with McGwire, Sosa, A-Rod, or anyone else. The thing about Bonds is that we know he's probably one of the most arrogant players in the history of baseball. He was jealous as fuck about Sosa and McGwire's success as well as how much the public adored Griffey while he was basically shit on (and deservedly so...he's a huge asshole) while accomplishing similar numbers to Junior and more MVP's. The jump in numbers for Bonds is staggering. The other guys seemed fairly consistent, which leads me to believe they were juicing the entire time.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I can see your point, and I know the obvious reaction is the media already hated Bonds.

Not exactly.

I always felt they "loved to hate" Bonds. But as a player, they were always lodged ten yards up his ass. When McGwire took off in 2001 into retirement, and then refused ALL interviews, that's when he pissed the media off.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

Well yes they admire him as a player. Bonds' relationship with the media and the public (outside of fans of his own team, who always worshiped him because they didn't give a damn about how he treats people as long as he produces on the field) has always been rocky even though the media and public generally admire his playing ability. Reminds me of Ty Cobb. Ty Cobb was just as rotten of a son of a bitch as Bonds, but he was a hell of a player and everyone knew it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Not to mention a hardcore racist, that was one of the main figureheads back in the day to keep black men out of baseball. Cobb was as rotten as they get.

But the same can be said for Pete Rose. Obviously the greatest hitter to ever live, but if you piss enough people off, and piss the RIGHT people off, they'll bury you and your legacy for the rest of your life, and afterlife.

Rose was known as "Charlie Hustle" for his hard work ethic, but he was an arrogant cocksucker every day of his life.

tejastech08

tejastech08 wrote:

I actually think it's amusing that people have no problem putting Bonds in the Hall of Fame but they object to Rose getting in. Last I checked, Rose didn't cheat as a player. Bonds did. Why is Rose's behavior as a manager affecting his legacy as a player? Like the point you were making about people giving a Bonds a pass for his non-juice years. Why does Bonds get a pass for those years but Rose doesn't get a pass for his non-gambling years? It's absolutely laughable.

Board footer