You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Bono
 Rep: 386 

Re: ARod tested positive for steroids in 2003

Bono wrote:

MLB sucks ass. That sport is dead to me. Ken Griffey Jr. is the bst player of my generation UNTILL HE GETS CAUGHT. I hate saying that but is it that much of a stretch? His swing is sweet but he could be on roids. It's not liek we'd know.  I fucking hate baseball now. Start a new league, make roids legal, let them all juice and go with it. Level playing field. Have an honorable record book and a douchebag record book. Fucking losers. MLB is gayer than two dudes fucking. It's gayer than cum on a  mustache now. FUCK IT!

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Bono wrote:

MLB sucks ass. That sport is dead to me. Ken Griffey Jr. is the bst player of my generation UNTILL HE GETS CAUGHT. I hate saying that but is it that much of a stretch? His swing is sweet but he could be on roids. It's not liek we'd know.  I fucking hate baseball now. Start a new league, make roids legal, let them all juice and go with it. Level playing field. Have an honorable record book and a douchebag record book. Fucking losers. MLB is gayer than two dudes fucking. It's gayer than cum on a  mustache now. FUCK IT!

Roids don't work if you don't lift weights. Griffey was always known as a lazy guy when it came to working out. That's why his body completely broke down after playing recklessly in center field on the astroturf in Seattle for so many years.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The jump in numbers for Bonds is staggering. The other guys seemed fairly consistent, which leads me to believe they were juicing the entire time.

That's always been the rumor. Bonds watched as McGwire & Sosa juiced up heavily in 98 & broke the HR records. Bonds was to the side thinking "Yeah, but they're cheating" Then after they broke it & nobody said anything he basically said that's it, I'm going after it now & began juicing up BIG-TIME!!

There was a player for the SF Giants Matt Williams, who used to hit with decent power in the early 90s. I guess he never ended up juicing because he was never overwhelmingly increased his own HR stats. Seems more in line to how Sosa, McGwires career might have gone, with Bonds hitting a few more per year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willima04.shtml

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Pete Rose should be in the hall of fame with out question. He wasn't betting while he played and that is what the hall of fame is based on. Some could argue he was a manager of a ball team but I am pretty sure he never bet on his own games. With the roid era hopefully coming to an end and certain players getting into the hall who are known to have used roids it will only be a matter of time before Rose's lifetime ban in baseball is lifted.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:

The jump in numbers for Bonds is staggering. The other guys seemed fairly consistent, which leads me to believe they were juicing the entire time.

That's always been the rumor. Bonds watched as McGwire & Sosa juiced up heavily in 98 & broke the HR records. Bonds was to the side thinking "Yeah, but they're cheating" Then after they broke it & nobody said anything he basically said that's it, I'm going after it now & began juicing up BIG-TIME!!

There was a player for the SF Giants Matt Williams, who used to hit with decent power in the early 90s. I guess he never ended up juicing because he was never overwhelmingly increased his own HR stats. Seems more in line to how Sosa, McGwires career might have gone, with Bonds hitting a few more per year.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/w/willima04.shtml

Actually Matt Williams is another one that it's assumed he was probably using roids in 93-94. Had the strike not happened, Williams was poised to break Maris 61HR record, four years before McGwire & Sosa.

The Montreal Expos were also the favorites to go to the World Series and win. What a weird year, that never was. It's just ironic to think how different the game would be, IF it had happened. 98 would've just came went, and the Expos would probably still be around today, and the Washington Nationals revival would've never happened.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

The Expos had the talent up the ass though. Pedro and Larry Walker to just name two off the top of my head. I don't think a player having a season like Matt Williams had out of no where is evidence of roids. Anyone who has played baseball knows that once you get hot you get hot and start seeing the ball and that is all it takes to have a break out year.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Frank Thomas and Albert Belle were off to awesome starts in the strike year.  Thomas' numbers were absolutely mindblowing that season:

Year  G   AB    R    H   2B 3B  HR  RBI  BB  SO   BA   OBP   SLG *OPS+  TB IBB

1994 113  399  106  141  34  1  38  101   109  61  .353  .487  .729  211  291   12

34 2B AND 38 HRs playing in a neutral park.  .487 OBP and .729 SLG  were pretty unheard of pre strike in modern era baseball.  Despite only playing 113 games, he kept his consecutive seasons of 100 runs, 100 RBI, 100 BB alive (he did it 8 straight seasons, I think Gehrig was the only other player to do it) and only struck out more than 100 times once in that span. 

His career rankings:

BA: 19
OBP: 21
SLG: 24
OPS: 15
HR: 18
RBI: 21
BB: 9
Int BB: 28
AB/HR: 23

I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that at the very least, he wasn't on anything until he suffered his injuries, and I'd be amazed to hear he was on anything afterwards.  He was always big, but he got fat, not built.  I think he was one of the top 10 hitters all time.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I agree. But the problem with the entire decade of the 1990's, is now anyone that did well, MLB is going to be saying "juicer" / "steroid era", and totally ignore it. It's sad. They're gonna to now suspect everyone as history moves forward with the sport.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

I think it is more of a 2000's problem. While there were cases in the 90's the shit really hit the fan in the 2000's. It makes me happy though to see my dude Griffey who I looked up to as a kid staying clean. I won't even say "so far" because I would bet money on him being a clean player.

BLS-Pride

BLS-Pride wrote:

Frank Thomas is was such a natural hitter. Real amazing player. And his video game was thee shit.

Board footer