You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: ARod tested positive for steroids in 2003

buzzsaw wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I hope Jeter's name doesn't get dragged in the mud. The dude is a class act.

If Jeter was a class act, he'd have moved to 3B instead of ARod.  Jeter has every bit the ego of the other guys, but for some reason he gets a pass.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Jeter's already chiming in...

"Every year it's something," Jeter said Tuesday. - New York Daily News

Then go play for the fuckin' Royals. Or better yet, A-Rod should've stayed with the Rangers.

I have no sympathy for glory hounds that wanted to play in the 'spotlight', so they go to a big city/big media spotlight team, like the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Cubs or White Sox... then when they are hounded by drama, they complain.

Then you should've stayed under the radar and played somewhere else. New York, Chicago & Boston expect accountability from their teams. The Cubs might not have won shit in a century, but they certaintly have fired a SHITLOAD of people over time trying to make it happen.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Then go play for the fuckin' Royals. Or better yet, A-Rod should've stayed with the Rangers.

I have no sympathy for glory hounds that wanted to play in the 'spotlight', so they go to a big city/big media spotlight team, like the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, Cubs or White Sox... then when they are hounded by drama, they complain.

Then you should've stayed under the radar and played somewhere else. New York, Chicago & Boston expect accountability from their teams. The Cubs might not have won shit in a century, but they certaintly have fired a SHITLOAD of people over time trying to make it happen.

In fairness to Jeter, he's been with the Yankees his whole career. Granted, he could have simply moved to another market after one of his contracts expired, but he chose to renew for a ludicrous amount. A-Rod deserves no sympathy from anyone in this, but it's not surprising that his butt buddy Jeter is sticking up for him.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I don't think a player having a season like Matt Williams had out of no where is evidence of roids. Anyone who has played baseball knows that once you get hot you get hot and start seeing the ball and that is all it takes to have a break out year.

Except Brady Anderson in 1996, where it was pretty obvious.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/anderbr01.shtml

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:

I hope Jeter's name doesn't get dragged in the mud. The dude is a class act.

If Jeter was a class act, he'd have moved to 3B instead of ARod.  Jeter has every bit the ego of the other guys, but for some reason he gets a pass.

I don't mind Jeter, not a Yakees fan whatsoever but he keeps to himself, just comes in & does his job, and has helped NYY become a winning franchise again. That might say something about his leadership skills, or maybe he's just a good player who's lucky. I respect him for staying at SS. That was HIS position. If A-Rod wanted to switch teams & come to the Yankees, he needed to accept learning to play 3rd. It's like switching jersey numbers if someone else has your number. Senoirity.

Lay off the butt buddy jokes, it's juvenile to even acknowledge something that ridiculous, especially considering how much wool those guys must pull.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

I don't have a problem with Jeter, but ARod was by far the better SS, so if Jeter was such a class act, he should have moved for the good of the team.  I don't blame him for not moving, but he can't be sainted either.  He's as guilty as anyone else of having an ego, he just hides his better.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

I think people need to be reminded, the only reason the Yankees HAVE A-Rod, is because the Red Sox were talking trade with the Rangers, and Darth Steinbrenner couldn't have his AL East rivals on any level scoring A-Rod within his division, so he threw Alfonso Soriano (who was thought to be the next great 2B) to the Rangers.

I also believe A-Rod told the Rangers, that if the Yankees became interested in acquiring him, he'd ONLY go to the Yankees, and would veto any proposed trade to Boston.

So enjoy A-Rod, where the light on your ass is gonna be the brightest.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I don't have a problem with Jeter, but ARod was by far the better SS, so if Jeter was such a class act, he should have moved for the good of the team.  I don't blame him for not moving, but he can't be sainted either.  He's as guilty as anyone else of having an ego, he just hides his better.

Jeter is the tenth captain in the teams history. He was brought up from their farm system. Jeter is and will ALWAYS be the Yankee shortstop til he retires. No one is better in the clutch than Jeter has been the past ten years. There was no need for him to move.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:
tejastech08 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

In fairness to Jeter, he's been with the Yankees his whole career. Granted, he could have simply moved to another market after one of his contracts expired, but he chose to renew for a ludicrous amount. A-Rod deserves no sympathy from anyone in this, but it's not surprising that his butt buddy Jeter is sticking up for him.

Again that is what a team captain does. Especially when you the Yankees captain.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:
BLS-Pride wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Jeter is the tenth captain in the teams history. He was brought up from their farm system. Jeter is and will ALWAYS be the Yankee shortstop til he retires. No one is better in the clutch than Jeter has been the past ten years. There was no need for him to move.

Isn't the other player being a better SS reason enough?  You can't captain from 3B or the OF?

Board footer