You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Re: Gilby Clarke's Opinion of Chinese Democracy

Von wrote:

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Gilby Clarke was recently asked by a fan if he's hard GN'R's new album, "Chinese Democracy" and what he thought of it. "Yes, I listened to it on a long drive to Phoenix, Arizona," Gilby replied. "I think it's very good and very imaginative. Axl's [Rose] vocals sound great and there's some creative guitar playing on it also. But there was too many slow-to-midtempo songs on it for my taste and some of the solos are a little overdone; they don't match the song. Some of the lyrics are a little redundant. I expected some resolution since it's taken so long."

Clarke joined GUNS N' ROSES in November 1991, replacing Izzy Stradlin, who quit the band in the middle of a 28-month world tour. He toured extensively with the band on their "Use Your Illusion" tour between 1991 and 1993 and appeared on the GUNS N' ROSES covers album "The Spaghetti Incident?", "Live Era: '87-'93" and "Greatest Hits".

Shortly before GUNS N' ROSES recorded a cover of THE ROLLING STONES' "Sympathy for the Devil" for the film "Interview with the Vampire", Clarke was replaced by lead singer Axl Rose's longtime friend Paul Tobias.

-BLABBERMOUTH.NET-

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Gilby Clarke's Opinion of Chinese Democracy

Axlin16 wrote:

Pretty much what alot of fans are saying.

Board footer