You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Help with horror movie I'm trying to remember

Mike wrote:

I'm trying to find this horror movie I saw when I was very little and got freaked the hell out. I'm guessing it was made in the early-mid '80s, maybe even '70s but there was a part where a guy walks into an abandoned church and encounters this cult of monk-like people (a lot like the enemies you kill in Resident Evil 4), he tries to escape but they capture and crucify him. Does this sound familiar to anybody? Please let me know if you do.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Anybody? I tried getting help on Yahoo! answers, one person asked if it was Spellbinder (1988) but this movie I'm thinking of is older. I also remember there was a woman in the cult that had no eyes and the man that was trying to escape from them shot one of the cult members with a gun and he started bleeding like white blood. LOL I know, this movie sounds freaking weird, it definitely wasn't a mainstream hit.

Gunslinger
 Rep: 88 

Gunslinger wrote:

Hmm, not sure right now.  Definitel not Spellbinder.  That movie was about the hot chick who was a witch or something like that.

That movie actually kinda sounds familiar in some way.  I'm not sure if I've seen it or not but that scene in the abandoned church really seems familiar.  I may ask around on a couple boards I'm on that deal with horror.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Cool, thanks man.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Mystery solved, the movie is The Devil's Rain (1975) starring William Shatner. It's funny how this being a '70s movie was my smallest guess. Kudos to the person on Yahoo! answers that helped me but thank you Gunslinger for helping me out asking others on horror message boards. Here's a trailer for it:

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

haha that looks pretty cheesy ...gotta love 70's b-movie horrors

looks like a bit of inspiration for the raiders of the lost ark face melting scene

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

I got one for you guys...

This movie would have been released on dvd in the summer/fall/winter of 1999.  I dont remember all the details though.  It was about a group of people who went to a house.  I may be confusing it with another one though.

The one thing I remember is one of the big plot points toward the end was revealed through a flip-book type thing.   Any ideas?

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

house on haunted hill? haha dunno man

what about a movie about a hospital that is fully robotic and someone taps into the computer and the hospital starts killing everyone....at one point some dude almost gets his broken leg sawn off by the cast saw...and the craziest part was some chick hemmoriging to death after eating sausages that someone injected with poison in the supermarket

that movie was crazy i remember getting some serious nightmares after that one

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

actually the movie I just talked about may be Terminal Choice from 1985

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090148/usercomments

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Mike wrote:

Mystery solved, the movie is The Devil's Rain (1975) starring William Shatner. It's funny how this being a '70s movie was my smallest guess. Kudos to the person on Yahoo! answers that helped me but thank you Gunslinger for helping me out asking others on horror message boards. Here's a trailer for it:

Wow I saw that movie years ago too. I didn't recognize it, 'til I saw Ernest Borgnine. For years I told people about this movie, and Ernest Borgnine was a bad guy, like a satan worshipper in a red monk's robe, and NO ONE could remember it.

Wow, nice find.

Board footer