You are not logged in. Please register or login.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

Re: Dizzy Reed's Solo Stuff

apex-twin wrote:

The Air is certainly a good track. Dizwald's a surprisingly solid songwriter by his own right.

https://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/dizz … -the-still

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
faldor wrote:

I do dig "The Air". Is that Dizzy singing on that song?

Yessir 22

Gong wrote:

As much as I don't care for Dizzy Reed in Guns, I dig what I've heard of his solo stuff.
It's too bad that he is suffering from the GNR curse, and that his solo record will never come out.
I dig "Silent Light" and "The Air"
I love Bowie, Mott the Hoople and T-Rex, and obviously so does Dizzy.

The Dizzy Reed album has Dizzy on keyboards and vocals, lyrics by Del James and Dizzy Reed, guitars by Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Alex Grossi, Todd Youth, Whitey Kirst, Ricky Warwick, Jeff Duncan, and Bobby Hamble.

Bobby Hamble plays on the track "Cheers To Oblivion."  Jeff Duncan plays on the track "Mother Theresa." Alex Grossi seems to be the main guitarist, he claims to have played on every track.

Tommy Stinson, Mike Duda, Greg Coates, and Chuck Wright, all share bass duties on the record.
On the drums, Dizzy has Frank Ferrer, Frankie Banelli, Mike Dupke, Adrian Young, and Anthony Biuso.

The best I can tell, the album was recorded from 2003 to 2005, and will never come out.

You've got good taste, brother 5

apex-twin wrote:

The Air is certainly a good track. Dizwald's a surprisingly solid songwriter by his own right.

https://soundcloud.com/gnrbootlegs/dizz … -the-still

Thanks for the link! Cheers.

RaZor
 Rep: 32 

RaZor wrote:
Gong wrote:

As much as I don't care for Dizzy Reed in Guns, I dig what I've heard of his solo stuff.
It's too bad that he is suffering from the GNR curse, and that his solo record will never come out.

The Dizzy Reed album has Dizzy on keyboards and vocals, lyrics by Del James and Dizzy Reed, guitars by Richard Fortus, Bumblefoot, Alex Grossi, Todd Youth, Whitey Kirst, Ricky Warwick, Jeff Duncan, and Bobby Hamble.

Bobby Hamble plays on the track "Cheers To Oblivion."  Jeff Duncan plays on the track "Mother Theresa." Alex Grossi seems to be the main guitarist, he claims to have played on every track.

Tommy Stinson, Mike Duda, Greg Coates, and Chuck Wright, all share bass duties on the record.
On the drums, Dizzy has Frank Ferrer, Frankie Banelli, Mike Dupke, Adrian Young, and Anthony Biuso.

The best I can tell, the album was recorded from 2003 to 2005, and will never come out.

Fortus tweeted a few months ago that Dizzy's album should be coming out later this year.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
RaZor wrote:

Fortus tweeted a few months ago that Dizzy's album should be coming out later this year.

For real? I must have missed that one. That would be fantastic news! He certainly would have the time now to deal with whatever issues that prevented the release for all these years.

Von
 Rep: 77 

Von wrote:
RaZor wrote:
Gong wrote:

Most excellent! fortus 5

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

"Reed remains upbeat about GNR in general, dubbing the current edition of the band -- which has dates scheduled into mid-December -- "the best version of Guns N' Roses that I've ever been in.
I think everyone is just super-talented, and it's just great chemistry.
Everyone is a lot of fun to be around and a lot of fun to play with, so to me it's definitely the best lineup we've had."

Reed has also used tapped his GNR mates for a solo album he plans to put out in 2012, tentatively titled "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Easy" and featuring "stuff that I've done over the years.""

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … eventually

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

First time I've heard any of Dizzys solo stuff and yeh I'm digging Air so far smile Would pick up his solo album if it's ever released.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Gong wrote:

"Reed remains upbeat about GNR in general, dubbing the current edition of the band -- which has dates scheduled into mid-December -- "the best version of Guns N' Roses that I've ever been in.
I think everyone is just super-talented, and it's just great chemistry.
Everyone is a lot of fun to be around and a lot of fun to play with, so to me it's definitely the best lineup we've had."

Reed has also used tapped his GNR mates for a solo album he plans to put out in 2012, tentatively titled "Rock 'n' Roll Ain't Easy" and featuring "stuff that I've done over the years.""

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … eventually

So basically his solo album has turned into his own little Chinese Democracy.

Will wrote:

First time I've heard any of Dizzys solo stuff and yeh I'm digging Air so far smile Would pick up his solo album if it's ever released.

Me too.

Said it on the old site but if he had handed The Air to a mainstream artist/band it would have been a hit.

When we first heard it back then I was genuinely shocked. Had no idea he had something like that in him.

Vale
 Rep: 4 

Vale wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

So basically his solo album has turned into his own little Chinese Democracy.

You got that right. Although I seem to recall him saying a couple of years ago that it was basically done and just a matter of financing issues..

Board footer