You are not logged in. Please register or login.

faldor
 Rep: 281 

Re: Wich one of this songs you like to see in the Next GN'R Album ?

faldor wrote:

I'll go with Soul Monster, just by the way Axl described it

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Oklahoma. The General has alot of hype, whereas I'm curious to hear the lyrics to Oklahoma since we know what it's about.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

It actually is kind of odd that we know of an album's worth of unreleased songs. maybe baz wasn't so far from the truth at all.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:
misterID wrote:

And I'm thinking that Seven is actually Sorry.

i dont think so if that is right why Axl named like a diferent track?

PaSnow wrote:

Oklahoma. The General has alot of hype, whereas I'm curious to hear the lyrics to Oklahoma since we know what it's about.

i think that the lyrics of that song would interesing but i dont understand why axl change the to Berlin if the song talks about Oklahoma bombing 17

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Communist China wrote:

After the anticipation and description of Prostitute, and then hearing it and having felt totally lied to, I cannot choose General. I'll say Atlas Shrugged. It can't be worse than the book.

I kind of feel the same way. I like the song but, I was totally expecting something different based on the way it was described.

I'll go with "Atlas Shrugged". Wasn't it described as a 70's glam? So, as way off as the descriptions of songs are, it's probably a death metal rocker. :)

AtariLegend wrote:
Another wrote:
misterID wrote:

PaSnow wrote:

i think that the lyrics of that song would interesing but i dont understand why axl change the to Berlin if the song talks about Oklahoma bombing 17

When Axl played some tracks to "Rolling Stone" in 2000 along with "There Was A Time", "I.R.S." and "The Blues"... "Oklahoma" was supposed to be the only track without vocals.... implying Axl hadn't done any.

Coma

Coma wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

"Oklahoma" was supposed to be the only track without vocals.... implying Axl hadn't done any.

yeah maybe your right but that was in...2000 i think it must have some lyrics by now

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Another wrote:
misterID wrote:

PaSnow wrote:

He never said it was specifically about the bombing. He was dealing with lawsuits/court appearances at the time of the bombing, and that's what inspired it.

Sounds to me like its another I.R.S.

Arcade Roses
 Rep: 5 

Arcade Roses wrote:

'H---------'.

Nemus - bless him - seemed somewhat excited about a track with a title something like that.  Last time I cornered him on this, he told me he could not remember the title.  *cough* *cough* *:bs:* *cough* *cough*

IIRC I think it was around the time he said he sneaked into the execs(?) room or something.:/

(It seems to be a nine or ten letter word beginning with 'H' - pure blind/pointless speculation: 'Hellhounds' or something?)

AR

Coma

Coma wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
Another wrote:
misterID wrote:

PaSnow wrote:

He never said it was specifically about the bombing. He was dealing with lawsuits/court appearances at the time of the bombing, and that's what inspired it.

Sounds to me like its another I.R.S.

sory im misunderstud what Dave Domingues said:

Dave Dominguez wrote:

"As the far as the songs go: 'Oklahoma' was pretty much written by the time they got to the studio. Axl wrote that with inspiration from the Oklahoma City bombing (more as a tribute to those who died, if I'm not mistaken). [...]  (Sp1at, 02/07/05)

Board footer