You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Axl Rose Insists Original Guns N' Roses Lineup Is Dead and Buried

James wrote:
-D- wrote:

I sort of question the timing in all this.

Is it a coincidence that he waits till CD is dead in the water to start bashing Slash thus grabbing headlines and publicity?

He starts talking about Slash every time he surfaces. Nothing coincidental about it. Whether or not the album sold one copy or one trillion, its obvious the fan base was gonna be force fed a Slash biography because that's all that matters to them.

Its just unfortunate that he would never allow it to be about the music. So much potential squandered over THIS.

I will never again be in the "camp" that lobbies for a Buckethead return. Someone of such talents doesn't deserve to be subjected to this type of environment, and its now no longer surprising why the three main guitarists on the record all bailed out.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what to say anymore about the situation. Its not about the music, he seems indifferent towards the record, a tour unlikely, album two sounds like its in 1999 purgatory, etc.

He's pigeonholing the fanbase to such an extreme that those not interested in Slash are basically left out in the cold. No reunion, CD appears to be toast from his perspective, and he doesn't care about another album. Its just more Slash.

I guess at this point the fan base splits into its factions. I'll be in the faction looking forward to some Buckethead and Izzy solo releases this year.

I've said all I'm gonna say on the millionth round of the Axl vs Slash soap opera. Its preposterous that we're still having to ride the Slash merry go round in 2009.

Sky Dog wrote:

the whole thing is beyond ludicrous....the hate the fans spew post after post after post saying the same thing over and over and over, the bullshit Axl "interviews" and the 100% personal wrecking of his career, the complete cheeseball that Slash has become. I think they are BOTH a joke.:headbang:

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:
Aussie wrote:

^ The ironic thing D is that Slash was bashed repeatedly for leveraging off the GNR name even though he was no longer in the band.  But, it now seems that Axl needs to throw some Slash dirt around now whenever he speaks just to get noticed.

people notice axl regardless of if he's talking about slash or anyone else, or if he's not talking at all.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

^ Once upon a time that was definitely the case.  Unfortunately I think that as every day passes less and less people (outside of the hardcore fanbase) care about Axl and his music/CD/New GNR.  I also detect that the care factor amongst the hardcore fanbase is also seriously nosediving.

The only thing that is always guaranteed to spark an interest is the original GNR.  Whether it's talk of a reunion or the airing of dirty laundry, that's a guarantee of magazine sales / internet website hits.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:

the whole thing is beyond ludicrous....the hate the fans spew post after post after post saying the same thing over and over and over, the bullshit Axl "interviews" and the 100% personal wrecking of his career, the complete cheeseball that Slash has become. I think they are BOTH a joke.:headbang:

Gotta agree with this. Izzy is the most respectable of the original GNR as far as I'm concerned. Left when the leaving was good. Everyone else got dragged through the mud willingly or unwillingly. The whole era of GNR has been dirtied. Only the music remains. Our heroes are shadows of their former selves and anyone who deludes themselves into thinking otherwise doesn't really ask much of them anymore.

I've never wanted a reunion of either the original or unoriginal lineup, and all this talk does is set up the next, even more uninteresting era of GNR featuring who the fuck knows and who the fuck cares.

In fact, I'd say this type of stuff should turn EVERYONE off to a reunion. Why would you want these guys together again. It would be an obvious sellout. We know certain former members would be more than happy to do it, but why at this point.

I'm staking my tombstone on GNR right here, right now. Time of death: 2009.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

mrbill
 Rep: 0 

mrbill wrote:

1pwjk5.jpg

2008 Intentions
 Rep: 6 

Its funny how the things goes today...and i like the axl attitude, beacuse he´s not a prostitute, he HATES Slash .

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:
madagas wrote:

Gotta agree with this. Izzy is the most respectable of the original GNR as far as I'm concerned. Left when the leaving was good. Everyone else got dragged through the mud willingly or unwillingly. The whole era of GNR has been dirtied. Only the music remains. Our heroes are shadows of their former selves and anyone who deludes themselves into thinking otherwise doesn't really ask much of them anymore.

I've never wanted a reunion of either the original or unoriginal lineup, and all this talk does is set up the next, even more uninteresting era of GNR featuring who the fuck knows and who the fuck cares.

In fact, I'd say this type of stuff should turn EVERYONE off to a reunion. Why would you want these guys together again. It would be an obvious sellout. We know certain former members would be more than happy to do it, but why at this point.

I'm staking my tombstone on GNR right here, right now. Time of death: 2009.

Strong words. I couldn't agree more.

And by the way... that Buckethead board is looking awfully good right now. 22

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out what he means by "keep working" Chinese Democracy... heh? 16

I really wish he'd unleash his real strategy about the albums. Or at least his future plans with this one album. Not about shit that really doesn't matter.

The thing that strikes me is: according to Axl, for the last 10-12 years (just counting the CD saga) almost everyone involved has been screwing him over; managers, label execs, band members, former band members, they've been lying to him, sabotaging him, booking/doing things without his consent... How the hell is this happening over and over? Especially with Axl Rose? He's a smart guy, so why does the same shit keep happening to him? There's a huge neon sign above his head saying, "Something ain't right here" but I guess Axl can't see it, for whatever reason. Maybe it has something to do with the people he associates with... People who speak on message boards on his behalf... People who write his articles and give him interviews... Work on tours.... People who were called his manager/housekeeper at one time..... Something don't smell right here, folks.

GNR, a band with a frontman as talented as he is, should not be ran so fucking half ass. It's embarrassing.

Board footer