You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

Olorin wrote:

Yee fuckin ha!!!

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

maybe it'll be4 the adler track...wouldnt that be something if they did a reunion minus Axl track like madagas mentioned in the other thread?

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

It will be sweet too hear Izzy and Slash ripping on a track together again.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

Awesome big_smile Izzys name should help it shift a few million copies tongue

Adler said he would be recording with Slash as soon as his Australia gig is up, which is when exactly?

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

Slash: There is an unmistakable sound that me & Izzy's guitars make when performed together.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Totally forgot about Adler's participation. Bring Duff on board, and it would be the first time 4/5 of original GNR are on an album since Civil War.

Would be a huge selling point for hardcore GNR fans. Would also give it even more media interest.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Totally forgot about Adler's participation. Bring Duff on board, and it would be the first time 4/5 of original GNR are on an album since Civil War.

Would be a huge selling point for hardcore GNR fans. Would also give it even more media interest.

Bring Duff with Stephen Adler, maybe Mick Jagger, or even a Lenny Kravitz and that is one hell of a lineup.

Acquiesce
 Rep: 30 

Acquiesce wrote:

Slash + Izzy = 20

What is the addy to Slash's twitter?

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm pondering the likely hood of Izzy and Steven being on the same track...my issues are:

1. Steven hadn't done his drums yet, and it would be odd to track the guitars before drums, especially with a player like steven who is more of a 'live' player and less likely to use clicks etc.

2. To an extent Slash often chooses to protect a reunion, i guess because he knows that even though it's unlikely to happen, if it does it would be big and so why waste it too easily. An example of this was that Adler gig where Izzy and Duff played with Steven, and slash was there but refused to play so as not to upset Axl.  Although I'll grant a studio track is different to a live gig, and it is his own project this time.

So i'm not sure...it would be killer to have the 3 of them on one track...but I also wouldn't be surprised if it was seperate tracks....then again...common sence would be to put them on 1 - i mean they're all comming in - why not go with the known chemestry!

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

If Slash still has a reunion in the back of his mind, it wouldn't hurt him to try and put his best foot forward for a change.  If the 4 do write together on the one song and are able to capture something killer then I think that's a positive.

Whilst I like VR and the 2 albums, since Slash left Guns, for me, there has only been glimpses of his brilliance here and there.  But unfortuantely there is been a lot of "run of the mill" stuff in between.   Hardly inspiring if you are Axl sitting on the sidelines wondering whether you ever want to work again with this guy.  In fact didn't Axl say words to that effect in one of his online chats?

I would say to Slash, get all 4 to play on the one song.  BUT only if you are able to come up with something good, if it doesn't click don't force it to happen.

Board footer