You are not logged in. Please register or login.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

Re: Slash Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter updates

monkeychow wrote:

Of course it's also possible that Axl's recent comments re him being a cancer have made him go "fuck it" - but i do think steven would be there at the same time or first if he was tracking with izzy.

Then again, from a business point of view, having them on the same track would do big stuff for the album from the GNR fanbase.

Aussie i'd be interested to see what happened if they jammed with Izzy. I remember VR basicly started cos Slash, Duff and Matt noticed they still had chemestry when playing at a one-off thing. I dont think izzy wants to have a band these days - but if we wrote enough killer riffs with slash - it could be pretty interestuing.

Aussie
 Rep: 286 

Aussie wrote:

Yeah Izzy jamming with them is great.  I think Izzy brings a LOT to the table with his songwriting skills and hopefully there will still be an old spark there that shines through in the music.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

1. Steven hadn't done his drums yet, and it would be odd to track the guitars before drums, especially with a player like steven who is more of a 'live' player and less likely to use clicks etc.

Didn't he say vocals are done or close to it in another post though.

I'd bet Freese and whoever the Bass player was came in as session guys and laid down something for all the tracks, then he can bring anybody else he wants in and just replace their parts.

monkeychow wrote:

but if we wrote enough killer riffs with slash - it could be pretty interestuing.

Wasn't there was once an Izzy solo album recorded (or mostly recorded) that had Slash and Duff throughout, but it never saw the light of day. 

There was at least rumour of it. 

I'm sure Downliner can shed more light on that than me if he reads this

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Yeah i think i remember that.

I also remember pre-vr slash saying he'd jammed with izzy and recorded "the best GNR album ever" but that it wasn't seeing the light of day. Makes you wonder what could exist if they ever did sort out all the shit.

jorge76
 Rep: 59 

jorge76 wrote:

^ Yeah, I think that's exactly what I was thinking of.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

TheMole wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

1. Steven hadn't done his drums yet, and it would be odd to track the guitars before drums, especially with a player like steven who is more of a 'live' player and less likely to use clicks etc.

I'd bet Freese and whoever the Bass player was came in as session guys and laid down something for all the tracks, then he can bring anybody else he wants in and just replace their parts.

Almost all records are tracked with click these days. We usually do some scratch tracks with drum & guitar recorded at the same time to the click and start replacing each instrument one-by-one with it's permanent version afterwards. Vocals usually come last, but the rest of the instruments are done in any which order seems most convenient for us at the time. So yeah, the above seems plausible. I'm hopeful smile.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Aussie wrote:

If Slash still has a reunion in the back of his mind, it wouldn't hurt him to try and put his best foot forward for a change.  If the 4 do write together on the one song and are able to capture something killer then I think that's a positive.

Whilst I like VR and the 2 albums, since Slash left Guns, for me, there has only been glimpses of his brilliance here and there.  But unfortuantely there is been a lot of "run of the mill" stuff in between.   Hardly inspiring if you are Axl sitting on the sidelines wondering whether you ever want to work again with this guy.  In fact didn't Axl say words to that effect in one of his online chats?

I would say to Slash, get all 4 to play on the one song.  BUT only if you are able to come up with something good, if it doesn't click don't force it to happen.

It's not like the 15 year album was all that good either.  Let's face facts: both have been subpar without the other.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
jorge76 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

but if we wrote enough killer riffs with slash - it could be pretty interestuing.

Wasn't there was once an Izzy solo album recorded (or mostly recorded) that had Slash and Duff throughout, but it never saw the light of day. 

There was at least rumour of it. 

I'm sure Downliner can shed more light on that than me if he reads this

Sure can smile The article its referenced in is Three out of five aint bad at chopaway, from 2002 MTV. The immediate reply to the interview is another article posted by Snakepit.org with a few more details.

Slash also recorded the lead guitar work for one of Izzys reggae tracks on River, which is also unreleased.

Some of Like A Dog was recorded by Velvet Revolver, then The Project with Izzy, which accounts for the similiarity between Bomb and Do It For The Kids, Slashs bio referencing "Snafu". This was confirmed by Duff.

None of this has seen the light of day, shitty as that may be, I know 16

We specifically asked Izzy about the Slash/Duff album in January '06:

6. Is there any chance that some unreleased projects (acoustic album, Slash/Duff album etc.) will see the daylight some day?

Izzy: Yes, I have a few ideas..... 06/07 release of some cool stuff possible.

Tommie
 Rep: 67 

Tommie wrote:

From Slash's Facebook via Twitter:

My mom's service was today, I didn't go because it was made public by that hag.

But, I had a private service for her at the church this morning with my dad, it was really nice. #fb

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
CrashDiet wrote:

From Slash's Facebook via Twitter:

My mom's service was today, I didn't go because it was made public by that hag.

But, I had a private service for her at the church this morning with my dad, it was really nice. #fb

Who would "that hag" be?

Board footer