You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: Does anyone else care if Axl just stays in his mansion indefinitely?

Smoking Guns wrote:

Bad thread for this board?  Maybe, but reality for a lot of people.  With his last "interview" people by the masses have jumped off his "ship" or "bandwagon" and would like to tell him to just "fuck off".  Its very sad.  In 2002 this band had so much potential.  So to answer, no, I hope Axl becomes active, but if he keeps acting like he has over the years, we wouldn't really be missing too much.  Is Axl man enough to be "Axl Fuckin Rose" or will he continue to act like the biggest little bitch?  I don't know.  I have been there for him for so long, its just becoming hard to pull for someone that doesn't even really get or care about his own work.  Axl needs an intervention and Del, Beta, and the rest of his clan need to be run off.  Unless Axl is "happy", then if he is happy, I am happy.

Sky Dog wrote:

If the guy releases new music under any banner, I will buy it. However, the days of worrying about what he is gonna do next are OVER. Whatever happens, happens. If it's nothing, then so be it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Madagas, I feel the exact same way.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:

Wow. Some pretty diverse responses with this thread. Some completely agree, some think it's "bullshit", some accusing me of being people that I've never even heard of. LOL.

If this is an uncensored forum, why shouldn't I be able to ask this question, regardless of what section I'm asking it in? To say you are uncensored, means just that - anything goes. Not anything goes as long as it doesn't make some folks whine like little bitches. Let's face it, I honestly believe if you were to poll mother earth, most would likely agree with what I'm saying. Especially considering the joke Axl and his band have become.

I care in the sense that this was once my favorite band, and I know Axl's potential. Concerning Axl's "more of the same - but darker" future albums, he can take those discs and bury them 6 ft under in his back yard. Releasing them to the public will only further taint the legacy of this once great band. Chinese D only sold just above 1/2 million in the US, and that was largely in part because of the mystique that surrounded it. Can you even imagine how emabrassing the numbers for this next should-be abortion would be?

AtariLegend wrote:

Forgive me for being paranoid, but I searched around "MYGNR"... and given the timing of "bringbackadler" latest banning and your registering.

I believe you are probably "bringbackadler", I'm 85% certain.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

If this is an uncensored forum, why shouldn't I be able to ask this question, regardless of what section I'm asking it in? To say you are uncensored, means just that - anything goes. Not anything goes as long as it doesn't make some folks whine like little bitches.

James, the admin of this site, doesn't really agree with what you just said. I guess you'll have to take it up with him. If I were him, I'd be pissed at you calling him out after he already addressed the issue. The next step would have been PMs. But, that's just me.

Otis Western wrote:

Let's face it, I honestly believe if you were to poll mother earth, most would likely agree with what I'm saying. Especially considering the joke Axl and his band have become.

You're right, but this ain't the public. This is a GNR site. Maybe you thought you'd gone to rollingstone.com or something. Wouldn't surprise me.

Otis Western wrote:

Can you even imagine how emabrassing the numbers for this next should-be abortion would be?

No more embarrassing than your next post, I imagine.

BTW, stop throwing around the word abortion. You've used that a few times already. This ain't life and death. And if you've ever had to deal with the real-life trauma of an abortion, you wouldn't be so blase.

Coma
 Rep: 11 

Coma wrote:

bigbri youre a genius you toke the words out of my keyboard

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

If this is an uncensored forum, why shouldn't I be able to ask this question, regardless of what section I'm asking it in? To say you are uncensored, means just that - anything goes. Not anything goes as long as it doesn't make some folks whine like little bitches.

If you were being censored, this thread would have been locked/deleted immediately, and you probably would have been banned.

I don't even have an issue with what you say. I've heard it for years, seen it done better, and probably said some of the same shit myself at some point. MY issue is if you truly feel that way about the latest incarnation of the band(or just no interest in the music in general), what specifically attracts you to this section? I can see why certain people such as buzzsaw, mikkamakka,smokingguns,etc. gravitate towards it. While they might be perceived as "negative", they have followed the saga for years and have a genuine interest in it. According to you, you're "new to the forums", and if you feel this way about new GNR and have no interest in new music or a tour, why is this section your cup of tea?

It would be like me posting on the M.I.A. site, "Damn I hate M.I.A. She sucks. This album is an abortion". I would actually get a much worse reaction than you are getting simply because the people in this community are pretty friendly and open minded.

You've made some fairly good points in some of your posts, but you should drop the "I don't care" shtick because you obviously do care. The act of logging in and heading straight for this section symbolizes care. There are very few people in this world who would waste the universe's most precious commodity(time) on something they don't care about. In other words, you wont see me on a Barbara Streisand forum anytime soon.

While ALL opinions are allowed here, its pretty obvious that the moment you walk through our door that our community revolves around the Chinese Democracy era of the band. If you have zero interest in that era, then you may have walked through the wrong door, or at least the wrong section.

Would you like a tour guide? 16

As far as the accusations regarding you being a different poster, there is no proof of that(yet), and since BBA posted here last year under his Incognito alias(which isn't banned), I don't really see the point in a new identity being created here.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Otis Western wrote:

Wow. Some pretty diverse responses with this thread. Some completely agree, some think it's "bullshit", some accusing me of being people that I've never even heard of. LOL.

If this is an uncensored forum, why shouldn't I be able to ask this question, regardless of what section I'm asking it in? To say you are uncensored, means just that - anything goes. Not anything goes as long as it doesn't make some folks whine like little bitches. Let's face it, I honestly believe if you were to poll mother earth, most would likely agree with what I'm saying. Especially considering the joke Axl and his band have become.

I care in the sense that this was once my favorite band, and I know Axl's potential. Concerning Axl's "more of the same - but darker" future albums, he can take those discs and bury them 6 ft under in his back yard. Releasing them to the public will only further taint the legacy of this once great band. Chinese D only sold just above 1/2 million in the US, and that was largely in part because of the mystique that surrounded it. Can you even imagine how emabrassing the numbers for this next should-be abortion would be?

Give it a rest, just because we treat our members with a little more respect than most forums and allow GNR related news that other communities would rather you didn't see, doesn't mean you have carte blanche to post any old crap and everybody just has to accept it. Did you really not expect to get a rise from people by asking on a GNR message board if people would care if Axl never did anything again?

I'm sure if you polled mother earth the majority wouldn't give a flying fuck about Axl, but as you're polling a GNR forum it changes things a touch. Every member here knows they can voice frustrations or praise at GNR should they feel the need. However just because other members happen not to feel quite as bitter towards GNR as you do, doesn't make them whiny little bitches.

A good discussion could probably be had if you voiced your frustrations towards GNR in a more constructive manner instead of this car crash of a thread.

Otis Western
 Rep: 0 

Otis Western wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Otis Western wrote:

Give it a rest, just because we treat our members with a little more respect than most forums and allow GNR related news that other communities would rather you didn't see, doesn't mean you have carte blanche to post any old crap and everybody just has to accept it. Did you really not expect to get a rise from people by asking on a GNR message board if people would care if Axl never did anything again?

I'm sure if you polled mother earth the majority wouldn't give a flying fuck about Axl, but as you're polling a GNR forum it changes things a touch. Every member here knows they can voice frustrations or praise at GNR should they feel the need. However just because other members happen not to feel quite as bitter towards GNR as you do, doesn't make them whiny little bitches.

A good discussion could probably be had if you voiced your frustrations towards GNR in a more constructive manner instead of this car crash of a thread.

O, wow. Sorry there, Roscoe. Put the pistol away, it ain't worth it. LOL.

As far as the "schtick", I honestly have no idea what some of you are talking about. I simply posed a question - one that seemed pretty fair - and some of you are wettin your diapers because of it. Resorting to personal attacks because you disagreed with my opinion? Wow. That's really mature of some of you. Don't agree or are uninterested in my post? Cool. No problem. Why not just stop reading it? Hell, ignore it. Some of you are really coming off as pansy ass bitches. You suggest that this forum is uncensored, and that all opinions are welcome, but I'm seeing that this is only true if you have your tongue super glued to Axl's scrotum. Sorry to the dude who had his feelings hurt over the word "abortion". Next time I'll say "a" word now that I know there are some sensitive folks in the crowd.  16

Board footer