You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Communist China
 Rep: 130 

Re: Josh Freese: Since 1972

So Josh Freese's second solo album, 'Since 1972' is up for sale on his website (joshfreese.com).

The entire album is streaming there, you can listen to all of it for free on his site, but if you like pop-punk I suggest buying it. I went with the $50 package, so I should get a physical CD/DVD, a t-shirt, and a 5 minute phone call. Got a digital download of everything, and I like it so far.

Any good questions you think I should ask him in my 5 minute phone call?

I Don't Think That's Ok would be a radio hit if this was backed/pushed by a major label.

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I think you should ask him to play ya an early Chi Democracy demo down the phone 16

Wonder if anyone purchased the more expensive packages like the holiday etc

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

Do what you want, but if it was me, as a Guns fan, i'd take the opportunity to ask him about CD and why he didn't stay in GN'R.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

ask him what all the drama was that went down with the vandals and joe escalante. i wanna know the real story.

Communist China

The reason I'd shy away from a Guns question is that he may not care/remember. He is a session player, and plays for whoever pays him without discrimination. He did his contract, and moved on. I wouldn't expect it to be much more than that, but depending on how the 5 mins goes it may come up.

Communist China

Just had my phone-call with him! It was very cool, he's a talkative guy with obviously a lot of cool experiences to share.

He did mention playing with Slash, named like 3 singers on it (haven't followed it too much in the news but I assume they were people already mentioned), and described it as a more rock style Santana thing. Which I think we all expected.

People talk about his integrity or whatever, due to his huge resume containing very pop to very rock. He equated it to films, doing 1 blockbuster in order to be able to make 4 really good films. And talked about the time and work involved. He may seem to do more pop stuff than rock stuff, but I guess he gets through the stuff for pop stars in a day or a week tops, and doesn't tour with them.

He seems really busy. He's only just started doing the lunches. I wonder how awkward some of those will get.

Communist China

Sorry to bump this again if there is no interest but Josh's site has a true/false section that I find very interesting.

http://joshfreese.com/torf.html

My favorite true statement - "Only has "walked out" of one session....when he realized we was "tricked" into playing on a Scott Weiland project."

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

The true or false section was cool, dont recall seeing joshs name on anything westerberg related but he considers it one of his successful milestones smile Gonna have to look that one up.

Introduced Buckethead to Axl on Christmas Day 1999. T/F?

True

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Fan buys the $20K Freese package, and he delivers.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la … 6722.story

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Fan buys the $20K Freese package, and he delivers.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la … 6722.story

That's so cool that he went through with it.

And such a horrible decision for the 19 year old kid. 16

Board footer