You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Re: GnREvolution Music Madness - Discussion and Results Thread

Neemo wrote:
Axl S wrote:

If Soundgarden wanted a chance at beating Pantera this round they would have needed something better than Black Days.

ways to go AxlS.....you fucking jinxed it 16

Seriously though Cemetery Gates is such an amazing tune . fell on black days is average at best ... i'm pretty shocked, for the first time in this tournament, but hey its all you voting and not me so thems the breaks and to each his own. anyway its painfully obvious that some members around here are in desperate need of a music lesson from yours truely j/k 19

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

my last post on the subject...

but fuck this song is among my top favs of all time and you fuckers just booted it

RIP Dime! 9 and phil is one of the best frontmen ever

[youtube]X9dtMMKy8Hc&feature=related[/youtube]

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I agree that its a really good song, and while never a huge Pantera fan, the track was part of the soundtrack of my teen years. Having said that, it went up against Soundgarden. It was destined to lose. Superunknown is an amazing album, and I guarantee that the poll outcome would have been the same anywhere but a Pantera forum. In fact, our poll was a bit too close.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i'll get back to the regular schedule tomorrow morning...sorry for the fucked up last few days everyone, family gatherings kinda mess up schedules big_smile

all in all though the 4 rounds i posted simultaneously got some pretty good voter counts 9

James

James wrote:
Neemo wrote:

fell on black days is average at best ..

Nothing special about that music, but those lyrics are top notch and tons of people in their late teens/early 20s going through major problems can really relate to his songwriting. Cornell went through big time issues when young, and even though lyrically he can be quite all over the place, depression,angst,loneliness, etc. is a common theme throughout his discography. He approaches his songwriting in a way that you personally can relate to it.

I "get" Fell On Black Days. While I do like that Pantera song, I don't "get" it. It doesn't hit me on a personal level.

Granted, all songs cant and shouldn't be measured using such a scope, but on a site consisting  of people who grew up in that time frame, Soundgarden is gonna trounce most of the competition.

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

alright...now we are 1/2 way through round one

the songs moving on thus far are as follows

Metallica - Enter Sandman
Pearl Jam - Alive
Guns N' Roses - Estranged
Nine Inch Nails - Head Like a Hole
Ozzy Osbourne - Crazy Train
AC/DC - Back In Black
Michael Jackson - Billie Jean
Alice in Chains - Man In The Box
Aerosmith - Walk This Way
Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days
Velvet Revolver - Fall To Pieces
Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody
Led Zeppelin - Stairway To Heaven
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Mötley Crüe - Dr. Feelgood

we're averaging around 22 votes per round...pretty good lets keep it up smile

Neemo

Neemo wrote:

i didnt realize how long this round would be...i'm gonna start doing 2 battles at a time for this round and next..then we will switch back to one a day for round 3 smile

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I wouldn't have picked Whitewash for Bucket. It'll be creamed by Slash and  VR, mainly because so many on this site cream for ANYTHING Slash does. Nothing wrong with that, but Slither is not that great of a song. And the riff is average, at best. I think the riff in Set Me Free is much cooler.

James

James wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I wouldn't have picked Whitewash for Bucket. It'll be creamed by Slash and  VR, mainly because so many on this site cream for ANYTHING Slash does. Nothing wrong with that, but Slither is not that great of a song. And the riff is average, at best. I think the riff in Set Me Free is much cooler.

Whitewash is one of his more well known and mellow songs. I can see why it made it. You're right though, its not getting out of this round.

Its also an odd match up, which does it no favors.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Agreed. Fall To Pieces SUCKS. Anything should've beat it, and it's another "Slash is on it... uh uh uh uh uh uh AAAGHHH" situation. roll

Board footer