You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Steven Adler on Opie and Anthony HUGE GNR thing

AtariLegend wrote:

My problem with a reunion is that it automatically rules out any future album.

At least in the present there is always the uncertain feeling that it may be coming.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

BLS is right. The fans should mean enough to make it happen. And the popular demand is - reunite.

As for Atari... what would it even matter at this point? Really? GN'R as it exists now is a 'solo act' anyways, REGARDLESS of what Axl says. It's Axl Rose solo.

Reunite. You get a MASSIVE paycheck, the fans orgasm within seconds, the world 'cares', not to mention the marketing deals from other options.

And guess what? They still can do their own thing. Cut solo albums, collaborate, etc. Duff can still have loaded, Slash can still relaunch his solo career, Izzy still has his solo stuff, Matt & Dizzy stay employed, and Axl can explore ANYTHING HE WANTS TO AND ANY MUSIC HE WANTS TO with a truely solo career launch.

And guess what after that? The door still remains open if, and just if, one day they do bury the hatchet enough to record together again. There's always hope.

It is win-win-win-win-win, and has been for years. There's only ONE man that makes it complicated, and he has cornrows, not a top hat.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

A reunion tour would fill stadiums across the world.  That is undeniable, and they wouldn't need a huge promotion blitz to fill them because enough people care that it would be huge, huge news.

Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen, and there's only one person to blame for that.  Maybe he's right to feel the way he does (none of us know for sure), but we do know Axl is the only one stopping it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Exactly. Slash can be the biggest lying, self-absorbed prick in the world, and after his book it's not hard for me to believe... but I think we all know these guys are never going to be the best of buds. Hell neither are Steven Tyler & Joe Perry, but you still have Aerosmith.

Nobody is pressuring them for more studio work, and they always have the route of solo work if it becomes too complicated. Axl & Slash ain't ever going to be buddies because they're too different, but I think they can both agree that almost that angst towards each other creates absolute magic and anarchy on stage.

I would just hate for Axl to wait and wait and wait 'til it felt right to him, and then he decides to do it, and by that point they are fossils, and it totally kills it.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

They shouldn't do it for the fans, they shouldn't do it for the money, they should do it for themselves. If they feel good together, feel like they WANT to do it, they should. I don't want a bunch of egos up there that hate each other pretending to make nice so I can pay $100 per ticket and fuel they'll exorbitant lifestyle. And if they really cared enough, they'd do an album too. Nothing says sellout cashgrab like a nostalgia tour of songs 20-25 years old with no effort put into using your brain to create new stuff.

Hell, even a band like Journey or Def Leppard at least still makes new music before touring.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

the FANS should understand that axl doesn't want to reunite with slash, and just get over it. it's NEVER going to happen EVER!!!!!!!!!!
axl doesn't owe the fans anything. he has integrity and i respect him more than anyone for that.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

LOL - good one.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

Axl doesn't owe the fans anything... he can keep telling himself that.

He might not owe the fans personally, for which I agree, but GN'R, it's business and it's future... we're equal partners.

And the vast majority of the stock holders are telling the mother fucker to reunite.

Paxcow
 Rep: 5 

Paxcow wrote:

you're completely wrong, axlin. if you don't wanna be a fan unless they reunite, then just stop being a fan. live in the now. get over the past. axl is now working with people who are more compatible with him. try being supportive and happy for him.

Saikin
 Rep: 109 

Saikin wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

Axl doesn't owe the fans anything... he can keep telling himself that.

He might not owe the fans personally, for which I agree, but GN'R, it's business and it's future... we're equal partners.

And the vast majority of the stock holders are telling the mother fucker to reunite.

And he reunites and people call him a sell-out. 

I would rather an artist make music their passionate about than keep second guessing themselves worrying about what their fans will want.  That second part is how we get bands like Nickelback.

Board footer