You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Brain in Modern Drummer (May 2009)

Well, I knew about the online article but since it wasn't complete I decided to post the watermarked version.

And the reason why I thanked GypsySoul was because she posted it on HTGTH and that's where I found it. I always do that no matter what site it is or no matter what person it is.

I don't get the idea of watermarking stuff that isn't yours but I see no reason to get that upset about it since the actual interview itself is great.

Anyway... I'll link to it the next time.

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

My eyes hurt after trying to read that. The interview looks awesome though! Brain doesnt ever pussy foot around and he just opens up, he is always good value.
I hope you can buy this in the uk, this is the best "making of" interview yet.

Mabye the remixes will just be part of a double album to rerelease CD, with a disc of b-sides and remixes. Wouldnt be suprised to find Sailing and a couple of other cover versions on it as well.

DCK
 Rep: 207 

DCK wrote:

It's an amazing interview and he speaks of the songs made and written and how they came to life. Thats EXACTLY what I wanna hear about. The MAKING of CD. Thanks to Brain for giving some insight and thanks to him for telling the whole quitting thing. Why the fuck couldn't anyone say so in the beginning?

And again with the retarded watermarks. It makes everything hard to read and it never stops annoying me to the max.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Yeah I never understood the whole silent thing. It never made any sense other than to build it up into a myth which would of course disappoint. Axl and the band should have treated it like it was...an ordinary album. It would have kept people more interested getting to hear about the process.

We're now hearing the things we should have heard in 2000-02.

As far as a bonus disc/remix idea, this is a guarantee if they have any plans for a rerelease. NO ONE is buying this album again if its the same disc as the one already released. There has to be added content to get the hardcores onboard and for the media to  actually discuss it, which would bring attention to it.

If CD is rereleased with the same disc but a new album cover it wont reenter the top 200, meaning the rerelease was pointless.

I see no reason to get that upset

I'm not "upset". Just stating my opinion on watermarks, and that opinion happens to be negative.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I was going to bitch about the watermarks (which can be viewed as infringement of the original copyright, btw) but James did it for me.

Man, these last few interviews from Tommy and Brain have been great. A really big window into the recording process. I wish they would have done this earlier, but I can kind of understand why they waited until after CD dropped.

It's funny, Axl comes off sooooo fucking good from these interviews and can come off so badly on his own.... This has a lot to do with who's conducting the interview. He really looks like a pretty awesome guy and bandmate from these interviews. Even when Tommy (who hit the nail right on the head) in his interview basically said Axl was a lot to blame for the wait and basically over doing (or over-producing) everything when left to his own devices.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

And a bonus re-mix would be killer. 22

That interview really does make me miss Buckethead, though.

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this isn't a hip-hop style remix album. I'm sure Axl knows his demographic a bit better than that.

Sky Dog wrote:

Brain is a stud....nuff said. You work with Tom Waits in ANY capacity and you are a legitimate artist.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this isn't a hip-hop style remix album. I'm sure Axl knows his demographic a bit better than that.

I don't think he does.  If he did, CD would have been a completely different album.

Board footer