You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Re: Brain in Modern Drummer (May 2009)

AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this isn't a hip-hop style remix album. I'm sure Axl knows his demographic a bit better than that.

I don't think he does.  If he did, CD would have been a completely different album.

Thanks goodness it was still awesome then... tongue

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

Can someone quote the part where Brain talks about the remix CD?

My eyes cannot take the watermark.

Thanks.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:

I hope this isn't a hip-hop style remix album. I'm sure Axl knows his demographic a bit better than that.

I don't think he does.  If he did, CD would have been a completely different album.

Well, it could have been at least...

Olorin
 Rep: 268 

Olorin wrote:

I cant see an over the top hip-hop remix album, its still GN'R. Mabye a few club mixes of some of the dancier stuff.

I can almost imagine a  Dr. Dre remix of Madagascar though 5

Sky Dog wrote:

you on the irish whiskey right now? 16....remix albums suck especially with some half ass rap producer. DRE is cool but he doesn't need to be messing with Gnr rock songs.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Fat-Drunk wrote:

Can someone quote the part where Brain talks about the remix CD?

My eyes cannot take the watermark.

Thanks.

Here it is...

MD: You've brought Guns N' Roses up to the minute with these drum tracks, like the break-beat intro before the big groove comes in.
Brain: Axl is really interested in having everybody bring what they do into the picture. I just did a remix of "Shackler's", made it kind of more club. And I think he wants to put out a remix album of some of the other songs we did. The great thing is he lets you do what you want do do. He still has the final say and wants it to work as a Guns N' Roses cut. But he definitely will let you stretch it out in that way, and I think that's where my influences come in. I listen to a lot of hip-hop and R&B. I listen to all of Questlove's productions. Every time a Roots album comes out i'm in line at the store; I'm still a fan that way.

Credits and special thanks go to Modern Drummer magazine

Axlin08 wrote:

Credits and special thanks go to Modern Drummer magazine

As I previously said...

I only thanked GypsySoul because she posted it on HTGTH and that's where I found it.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I'm not blaming you bro, i'm more going after HTGTH and the other boards who steal people's property, and claim as their own.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
madagas wrote:

you on the irish whiskey right now? 16....remix albums suck especially with some half ass rap producer. DRE is cool but he doesn't need to be messing with Gnr rock songs.

I think people are going overboard on the remix album thing. It doesn't mean Jay Z is gonna be rapping the lyrics to Better over the actual track, or a bunch of hip hop elements will be thrown in.

There's other ways to remix albums besides just the hip hop thing. Even if hip hop elements are thrown in, it doesn't have to be too intrusive. Either way, its gonna be interesting to see which direction this goes in.

Never thought in a million years we'd wind up with basically a Chinese Democracy "mixtape".

I hope Switch was involved in some capacity.

Axlin16

Axlin16 wrote:

I don't think the remixes will have any theme. I'm think they might just be alternate takes, unique to each song. Meaning maybe a little dance, club, hip hop, acoustic... a mixture.

I know when Ron played Better acoustically behind the scenes in prep, it was absolutely stunning.

Board footer