You are not logged in. Please register or login.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

James wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

Well, this is absolutely one HUGE step forward. So many people play these games, and so many people like to be completists and like to download everything Harmonix throws at them.

I agree that its a pretty big boost for the album. Like you said, gamers(even those not huge GNR fans) will download this album. This creates interest in the album itself.

I agree with those that say the album was virtually dead in the water and didn't connect with the masses, but I have always said to watch for a potential second wind. It doesn't happen often anymore, but it does happen.

This is its second wind. Only question at this point is do they play their cards right. This album needs to be rereleased in the next 30-60 days, and a tour would obviously help in this regard as well.

PaSnow wrote:

A few of us board members will likely buy it, but people want AFD & UYI for GH & RB, not CD.

This will sell as well as everything else that Harmonix put out as DLC, trust me on that.

It's not just the fans that have been waiting for this to be announced and you should probably think again if you believe that people only play Rock Band/Guitar Hero to play "classics".

BrokenGlassNCigs
 Rep: 25 

Good to see you again James, it's been a good while. But yeah, this is definitely a step forward.

To downliner, all you need is either a copy of Rock Band 1 or Rock Band 2, an internet connection to access the Music Store, monies to pay for the album/singles, and an instrument to play the album/singles.

smile

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:

best buy totally got screwed

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:
BrokenGlassNCigs wrote:

To downliner, all you need is either a copy of Rock Band 1 or Rock Band 2, an internet connection to access the Music Store, monies to pay for the album/singles, and an instrument to play the album/singles.

I have none of those things, assuming you mean Xbox live account for internet access? 16 I have a basic xbox 360, no harddrive or anything like that, neither RB, and never been online thru the console. Sounds like its gonna cost an arm and a leg to set this up if I have to buy all that shite.

What are the chances of a Chi Dem RB being released on a physical disc, with guitar included? If thats likely to happen a few months down the line I may just wait.

Sorry for the noob questions but I dont buy video games these days and out of touch hmm

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

This is kickass news. So is this game on ps3? I only have guitar hero..

Awesome cos:

1. it will be fun
2. It's going to be great for getting this album and band known to kids.
3. We might get fun stuff like some of the vocals and solos isolated by the audio nerds.

James

James wrote:
war wrote:

14 No shit.

They waited until the deal was about to expire to even attempt any legitimate moves. It was a chess move. They sacrificed two singles and the album's initial buzz to clear the debt and then ride a potential second wind with Rock Band and what's sounding like(and Brain's interview definitely insinuates it) a rerelease with a remix bonus disc of sorts. Hell, I can imagine a scenario where some of those remixes are the actual future singles.

If we start hearing announcements in the coming weeks of things such as appearances on Leno, Letterman, SNL,etc., we could be on the verge of a No Line on the Horizon type promo blitz.

All aboard?

Choo Choo!!

monkeychow wrote:

So is this game on ps3?

XBOX 360, PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii.

war
 Rep: 108 

war wrote:
James Lofton wrote:
war wrote:

14 No shit.

They waited until the deal was about to expire to even attempt any legitimate moves. It was a chess move. They sacrificed two singles and the album's initial buzz to clear the debt and then ride a potential second wind with Rock Band and what's sounding like(and Brain's interview definitely insinuates it) a rerelease with a remix bonus disc of sorts. Hell, I can imagine a scenario where some of those remixes are the actual future singles.

If we start hearing announcements in the coming weeks of things such as appearances on Leno, Letterman, SNL,etc., we could be on the verge of a No Line on the Horizon type promo blitz.

All aboard?

Choo Choo!!

a very good  chess move, don't get me wrong.
do you think gnr would do leno, letterman, snl?

James

James wrote:
war wrote:

do you think gnr would do leno, letterman, snl?

If they're ever gonna give the album a decent push, its pretty much a necessity.

Board footer