You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Furbush
 Rep: 107 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

Furbush wrote:

anyone got anything?
i got shit... i just caught the "acoustic version" of SOD on youtube.... very nice

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Neemo wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

Who is it at 2:45?

yeah that was the one i was talkin about..sounds like shit by itself and there is no flow there at all

The interesting part is I think that solo sounds good in the final mix....@ 2:23...to me it shows how the harmonies from the other layers of chords and stuff really make something work.

It's almost like classical music this album...like if you take just the viola part or the chello, or the 1st or 2nd violin by itself they sound shit and disjointed and boring...but then you put them all together and it makes some kind of wild symphony where the whole is greater than the parts....

can someone send me a pm with the links?

Cowboy Buddha
 Rep: 1 

can someone link me to the tracks?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Is there anyone 'out there' making better mixes of the songs? That's what I'm really interested in. Especially with Madagascar.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

As far as I know all that exists at the moment are tracks with the vocals higher and the instruments lower in the mix. I don't think anyone has like the stems to make real re-mixes or anything yet...or am I wrong?

WARose
 Rep: 26 

WARose wrote:
misterID wrote:

Is there anyone 'out there' making better mixes of the songs? That's what I'm really interested in. Especially with Madagascar.

as of now only the louder vocal tracks are available. i don`t know what is going on with the ogg files. when we have those, everyone can make their own remixes with audacity.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The TWAT video on here even had me respecting Finck a little bit

If the signatures were enabled on this forum, this would be mine... 19

Now that I've gotten a chance to play it, I have to amend this a little - or at least clarify.  Robin's part is difficult to play (for me at least) because it is so choppy and so off of how conventional wisdom says a song should flow.  He does a great job if that is what he's trying to accomplish.  The notes at some points just sound horrible and they don't sound as bad on the album version because they are hidden in the mix a little more.

I think Robin may be the absolute worst guitarist I have ever heard on a professional recording in my entire life.  I guess he does it on purpose, but God only knows why.  The difference between the Robin solo and when BH kicks in is night and day.  The notes go from choppy and off key to fitting the music and smooth in an instant.  I wish BH had played the entire outro and that you could actually hear it all the way through.

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
AtariLegend wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

The TWAT video on here even had me respecting Finck a little bit

If the signatures were enabled on this forum, this would be mine... 19

Now that I've gotten a chance to play it, I have to amend this a little - or at least clarify.  Robin's part is difficult to play (for me at least) because it is so choppy and so off of how conventional wisdom says a song should flow.  He does a great job if that is what he's trying to accomplish.  The notes at some points just sound horrible and they don't sound as bad on the album version because they are hidden in the mix a little more.

I think Robin may be the absolute worst guitarist I have ever heard on a professional recording in my entire life.  I guess he does it on purpose, but God only knows why.  The difference between the Robin solo and when BH kicks in is night and day.  The notes go from choppy and off key to fitting the music and smooth in an instant.  I wish BH had played the entire outro and that you could actually hear it all the way through.

This is what I've thought for a while. I don't really know what exactly axl saw in him...

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Board footer