You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Chinese Democracy/Rock Band 2 (Tracks Leaking?)

buzzsaw wrote:

Off topic - survived the tornado as did everybody I know (so far).  I have nothing to add on topic, so carry on.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Off topic - survived the tornado as did everybody I know (so far).  I have nothing to add on topic, so carry on.

Off Topic- Is a Megadeth Tornado of Souls sing song out of question? Also good to hear you made it 22

On Topic- I wonder if this will lead to release of more GN'R albums. I would gladly tear it up on some tracks from UYI.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I do see this as a positive for the band, even if it doesn't lead to follow on stuff such as tours and talk shows etc....I know a lot of people who are exposed to new bands via GH and listened to new stuff they wouldn't have from that. I can guarentee that a few people I know would pay more attention to CD now it's in a game of this kind.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:
Axl S wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Off Topic- Is a Megadeth Tornado of Souls sing song out of question? Also good to hear you made it 22

On Topic- I wonder if this will lead to release of more GN'R albums. I would gladly tear it up on some tracks from UYI.

HIGHLY unlikely imo, seeing how Axl in live shows does play old songs, but on an advertisement level has tried to distance the new band from the old, going so far as to simply just not market the new band, and just the name GN'R.

You'll still see the occasional old era song pop up here and there in future Rock Band & Guitar Hero releases imo, as well as some downloadable track packs here and there, but as for full albums, discography releases like other bands... I don't see it happening past Chinese Democracy and whatever future albums the new Guns have on the table down the line.

Although i'd kill to play November Rain, Coma, Locomotive & Estranged on one of these games... 11

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I'm glad you didnt land in Oz....those damn flying monkeys are a pain in the ass and internet access sucks there 16

maybe i should actually buy this game...i'm still on the fence about GH and RB...i already have 2 GH guitars though so i'm leaning that way hmm

RussTCB
 Rep: 633 

RussTCB wrote:

removed

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Axlin16 wrote:

That's been my biggest drawback from purchasing anything past Guitar Hero III & Rock Band.

Honestly... after I beat all of the previous GH games & Rock Band 1... I never picked it back up again - ever. As soon as I beat it, it met a closet.

I truely feel these games have ZERO replayability beyond the absolute diehards that love the franchise, which every game is going to have. But to the casual, it's kind of fleeting. You love it when you first get it, it's addictive as hell, but as soon as you beat it, you're done with it, and usually it only takes me ONE NIGHT to beat any of these games. Granted it's not on expert, but it doesn't have to be either.

What's kind of bothering me right now, is there's FINALLY all this cool shit with bands I love happening with these games, but i'm not sure I want to make the investment, when I know the previous games I kind of played and left. Is it a waste of money? Or will I play it more?

Because with a GH: Metallica out, a GH: Van Halen supposedly in the works, and Chinese Democracy the full album available for play on Rock Band 2... that's pretty fuckin' tempting. I could sit there and play Chinese Democracy for days on end, I know it...

But I don't have anything for PS3. It would require me to buy a bundle package at anywhere from $150-200, and then download CD, and that's not even counting if I want to pick up GH: Metallica for another $50-60. I also wouldn't mind having that AC/DC: Live track-pack, which is another $40.

It's just alot of money... hmm

strat0
 Rep: 13 

strat0 wrote:
Axlin08 wrote:

That's been my biggest drawback from purchasing anything past Guitar Hero III & Rock Band.

Honestly... after I beat all of the previous GH games & Rock Band 1... I never picked it back up again - ever. As soon as I beat it, it met a closet.

I truely feel these games have ZERO replayability beyond the absolute diehards that love the franchise, which every game is going to have. But to the casual, it's kind of fleeting. You love it when you first get it, it's addictive as hell, but as soon as you beat it, you're done with it, and usually it only takes me ONE NIGHT to beat any of these games. Granted it's not on expert, but it doesn't have to be either.

What's kind of bothering me right now, is there's FINALLY all this cool shit with bands I love happening with these games, but i'm not sure I want to make the investment, when I know the previous games I kind of played and left. Is it a waste of money? Or will I play it more?

Because with a GH: Metallica out, a GH: Van Halen supposedly in the works, and Chinese Democracy the full album available for play on Rock Band 2... that's pretty fuckin' tempting. I could sit there and play Chinese Democracy for days on end, I know it...

But I don't have anything for PS3. It would require me to buy a bundle package at anywhere from $150-200, and then download CD, and that's not even counting if I want to pick up GH: Metallica for another $50-60. I also wouldn't mind having that AC/DC: Live track-pack, which is another $40.

It's just alot of money... hmm

Not really. I mean there's times I'm just like..."meh I don't feel like picking up my guitar and dealing with learning _____ song. I'll just play it on guitar hero."

Plus I like those games mostly for the drums (although I have had all the games from the original guitar hero onward...)

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

Well Rock Band 1 or 2 is worth it as they get new DLC every week basically even if you put the game away for a few weeks you can come back to it and get a brand new experience from it by grabbing some new DLC, and there's literally tonnes of DLC now so you could be busy for a hiwle.

Board footer